- The Evangeline Parish School System is seeking bids for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone service to help support telecommunications in twelve schools and administrative offices. Telephone equipment shall provide rich, converged, unified communication with VoIP capabilities to support telecommunication over the network’s Wide Area Network (WAN) and LANs to all locations in the related RFP available at www.epsb.com.
The vendor must provide a turnkey solution and pricing information for all components.
Evangeline Parish School System is seeking proposals for the following services with contract terms to be month to month, 1 year, 3 years or 5 years with voluntary extensions. All proposals must include the ability for EPSS to negotiate changes in the contract structure and pricing as technology changes.
- VoIP that works with existing network and internet
- VoIP range of 200- 250 lines that include voicemail (Handset pricing must be listed separately as handsets are not E-Rate eligible for discounts)
- Real Time monitoring must be accessible by EPSS 27/7/365
- The Vendor must complete installation and confirm network access by June 30, 2016.All aspects of this project must comply with the Federal Communication Commission competitive bidding requirement for Universal Service Fund (USF) support and services.
All potential bidders must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a licensed telecommunications carrier.
- Must be registered as a service provider with the Schools and Libraries Division (SLD), have a Service Provider Identification Number (SPIN), have a current Service Provider Annual Certification Form (SPAC) on file with the SLD, and comply with all SLD service provider requirements.
- Must have filed a Federal Communication Commission (FCC) Form 499A declaring the company to be a telecommunications provider has a 499 filer ID and is registered with the Public Service Commission (PSC) in the State of Louisiana. This information must be submitted with the proposal.
- Must have certified network engineers or technicians on staff, who can diagnose problems quickly and recommend solutions.
A Request for Proposals (RFP) can be downloaded from the district’s website at www.epsb.com. All bids should be submitted and received by January 26, 2016 to Connie Guillory, Instructional Technology Facilitator at Evangeline Parish School Board Office, 1123 Te Mamou Road, Ville Platte, LA 70586 by 4 o’clock.
Because the service(s) specified in this RFP are being submitted to the Schools and Libraries
Division (SLD) of the FCC as part of "E-Rate" Universal Service Fund (USF) discount eligibility , all
posting and response procedures must satisfy SLD E-Rate submission requirements, Louisiana
state requirements and local EPSB requirements. These requirements include, but are not limited to:
The proposal must NOT require the purchase or acquisition of additional hardware, software or
service outside the scope of the proposal or by any third-party provider;
A complete description of the service, as required by the SLD, must be attached to, or submitted with,
The proposal must also clearly state the permanent SLD Service Provider Identification Number
(SPIN) for the service provider of proposed services.
Proposals must include FCC Registration Number and documentation from FCC regarding Red or
Green Light Status