1. Goal and Purpose of RFP: The district is requesting proposals/quotes for supplemental reading resources and materials for grades 3 -5. Program must be based on the science of reading and should connect students to grade-level reading with scaffolds to support students. Progress monitoring is available through benchmark assessments. Teacher instruction is scripted easy to use. Students are engaging and up-to-date.
2. Proposal Requirements and Project Scope for:
L T Taylor Intermediate School
3. Service Specifications and Provisions:
The program must adhere to, align with, and provide the following:
-Align with the Mississippi College and Career Readiness Standards.
-Consists of teacher guides, student textbooks, and digital resources.
-Supplement the current reading curriculum. .
-Include an engaging, diverse collection of fiction and non-fiction literature.
-Scaffolds instructions to support students below, on and above grade level.
-Monitors progress through a benchmark assessment.
-Scripted teacher instruction which easily used.
-Provides a combination of both print and digital resources to support students’ acquisition of reading skills and comprehension.
-Provides units focusing on engaging, interrelated texts and Focus Questions to guide learning.
-Provides strategic supports for English Learners that are embedded throughout the reading.
4. Pricing/quotes/specifications: The district is requesting quotes for a one-year contract for 1 campus.
These services shall be provided to the George County School District during the 2022-23 school year. Upon satisfactory evaluation of the provided services, services may be extended to include services during the 23-24 and 24-25 school years.
5. Schedule of RFP events are as follows: a. RFP Released 6/23/22 b. Proposal Due Date: 7/11/22 c. RFP selection date 7/12/22
6. RFP Submission requirements: Email a copy of the quote or post bid on centralauctionhouse.com by 07/05/2022 12:00 p.m. (email is listed below) All questions, comments and requests for clarifications must be in writing to Patti Wilkins. The school district reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine appropriate and adequate responses to the written comments, questions and requests for clarification.
7. Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Contract Award
Applicants must comply with all applicable licensing and certification requirements specific to the proposed services, be registered through the site sam.gov, and agree to the terms/agreement and any addendum set forth by the school district's school board attorney.
Rubrics with the above stated service specifications will be rated by the district leadership team to determinie the awarding vendor.
8. Contact information:
A paper copy or an email copy of this document, including any addendums, may be obtained by request:
Patti Wilkins-Seaman, Director of Federal Programs
George County School District
5152 Main Street
Lucedale, MS 39452 (601) 947-6993