1. Goal and Purpose of RFP: The district is requesting proposals/quotes for the following: curriculum software for instruction, remediation, and enrichment for grades K-12 in all core subjects (English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and the Social Sciences), as well as supplemental subject areas (such as, but not limited to, Foreign Languages, Fine Arts, Health, etc.). We have recently moved to a 1:1 device implementation plan. The goal of the JCSD is to use this program for supplemental individualized learning of enrichment and remediation for all grades within all subjects (K-12). In addition, this program will be the core program for credit recovery of credit-bearing courses and direct instruction for the alternative school users (grades 6-12). This program should be aligned/correlated to the Mississippi College and Career Readiness Standards.
2. Proposal Requirements and Project Scope for:
North Jones Elementary, East Jones Elementary, South Jones Elementary, West Elementary, Glade Elementary, and Moselle Elementary
3. Service Specifications and Provisions:
The program must adhere to, align with, and provide the following:
*align with the Mississippi College and Career Readiness Standards
*instruct, remediate, and enrich all standards in all subject areas (K-12) through individualized learning paths
*be customizable for specific, individualized course content
*contain formative and summative assessments for all courses
*allow for the utilization of project-based learning
*provide scope and sequence and/or pacing guides for all courses
*provide credit-bearing courses that are approved through the Mississippi Department of Education
*provide writing components with accompanying rubrics from the district/state
*provide additional resources beyond the lesson content
*link to content videos and other media that are content-specific and appropriate for the various learning levels
*provide concise and easy-to-read reports for student information
*provide concise and easy-to-read reports for teachers to make data-informed decisions
*provide a student and teacher dashboard to monitor progress
*provide features to accommodate English Language Learners
*link with our PowerSchool (student information system) and Class Link (for rostering)
*be compatible with apps relative to Chromebooks
*be compatible with the One Roster data format
*allow for Single Sign On via a managed process equal to or compatible with Class Link
*provide access to live and on-demand student support 24/7 (through a certified Mississippi instructor).
*provide professional development training to teachers via zoom and on-demand through tutorials/videos
*be priced as a bundle for K-12 for current student enrollment
*agree to service/contract addendums as agreed upon by the JCSD School Board Members/Attorney
4. Pricing/quotes/specifications: The district is requesting quotes for a one-year contract for all 11 campuses for the student enrollment population of 8400.
5. Schedule of RFP events are as follows: a. RFP Released 06/14/2022 b. Proposal Due Date: 06/28/2022
c. RFP selection tentative date 06/30/2022
These services shall be provided to the Jones County School District during the 2023 – 2024 school year. Upon satisfactory evaluation of the provided services, services may be extended to include services during the 2024-2025 school term.
6. RFP Submission requirements: Email or hand-deliver a copy of the quote or post bid on centralauctionhouse.com by 06/28/2022 1:00 p.m. (email and physical address below)
All questions, comments and requests for clarifications must be in writing to Missy Bufkin. The School District reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine appropriate and adequate responses to the written comments, questions and requests for clarification.
7. Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Contract Award
Applicants must comply with all applicable licensing and certification requirements specific to the proposed services, be registered through the site of sam.gov., and agree to the terms/agreement and any addendum set forth by the school district’s school board attorney.
Rubrics with the above stated service specifications will be rated by the district leadership team to determine the awarding vendor.
8. Contact Information
A paper copy or an email copy of this document, including any addendums, may be obtained by request:
Dr. Missy Bufkin, Director of Federal Programs
Jones County School District
5204 Hwy 11 North
Ellisville, MS 39437 (601)649-5201
Thank you for your time and consideration of this proposal.