Jones County School District (JCSD) is located in Jones County MS. 11 campuses - 6 elementary, 3 middle/high schools, 1 career and technical center, and 1 alternative school with 1 Central Office for the district. The district has approximately 8500 students. The overall accountability rating for the school district is a “B”.
1. Goal & Purpose of RFP: [Strategic Plan Goal II: Improve Student Achievement through a Rigorous and Relevant Curriculum; Objective A: Implementation of MS College and Career State Standards and High Stakes Assessments; Objective B: Using data analysis to drive instruction for individual students; Objective C: Implement, review and expand K-12 curricular programs ]
Purpose of RFP: The district is requesting proposals/quotes for a software package that will: diagnose ELL students’ strengths and weaknesses; provide a learning pathway based on students’ diagnostic assessments; provide data in easy to read teacher reports. We are in need of a product that uses a specific learning path to help struggling English learners become strong and fluent readers with a specific focus on Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking.
2. Proposal Requirements and Project Scope for:
North Jones Elementary, East Jones Elementary, South Jones Elementary, West Elementary, Glade Elementary, Moselle Elementary, Northeast Jones Middle/High School, South Jones Middle/High School, West Jones Middle/High School. This will specifically cater to 9 ELL teachers and 105 ELL students.
3. Service Specifications and Provisions: *Program that provides a software package for diagnosing and prescribing student learning paths for ELL students in grades K-8
*Program must include workbooks and teacher kits that are specifically designed for grades K-8
*Program is a systematical and sequential program that teaches students to read and builds on those reading skills to close learning gaps
*Program has user friendly dashboard for educators, staff, students, and parents/guardians that is appealing and easy to navigate, specifically pinpointing deficits of skills for intervention within the student’s learning path
*Program that tracks effectiveness of strategies and has reporting/graphing capabilities for progress monitoring
*Program includes training opportunities and resources for educators for better understanding of the reading process within the program
*Program must have the capability to link and sync with ClassLink and OneRoster
Pricing should include all campus locations and total number of EL students within the EL program. These services shall be provided to the Jones County School District during the 2022-2023 school year. Upon satisfactory evaluation of the provided services, services may be extended to include services during the 2023-2024 school term.
5. Schedule of RFP events are as follows: a. RFP Released 11/04/2022 b. Proposal Due Date: 11/18/2022 by 1pm. c. Team Selection: 11/28/2022 (tentative)
6. RFP Submission requirements: Email a copy of the RFP response by 11/18/2022 by 1pm. to the following address: [email protected]
, Missy Bufkin, Director of Federal Programs or [email protected]
, Debbie Blackledge, ELL Coordinator or submit through centralauctionhouse.com
All questions, comments and requests for clarifications must be in writing to Missy Bufkin or Debbie Blackledge. The School District reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine appropriate and adequate responses to the written comments, questions and requests for clarification.
7. Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Contract Award
Applicants must comply with all applicable licensing and certification requirements specific to the proposed services, be registered through the site of sam.gov., and agree to the terms/agreement and any addendum set forth by the school district’s school board attorney.
8. Contact Information
A paper copy or an email copy of this document, including any addendums, can be obtained by request below:
Missy Bufkin, Director of Federal Programs or Debbie Blackledge, ELL Coordinator
Jones County School District
5204 Hwy 11 North
Ellisville, MS 39437 (601)649-5201
E-Mail: [email protected]
or [email protected]