ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Sealed Bids for the Project (as hereinafter defined) will be received from general contractors by the St. Charles Parish School Board (“Owner”) at its Physical Plant Services Office, 13855 River Road, Luling, Louisiana 70070 until 2:00 P.M., LOCAL TIME, ON THURSDAY, APRIL 7, 2009, at which time and place all responsive Bids duly received will be publicly opened and, except as provided in LSA-R.S. 37:2163, read aloud in the Dufresne Conference Room, 13855 River Road, Luling, Louisiana 70070.
As an option, Sealed Electronic Bids for the Project (as hereinafter defined) will be received by Owner from general contractors through a uniform and secure electronic interactive system at its website: www.stcharles.k12.la.us under “Quick Links” - “Online Bids, RFP’s, etc.” until SAME TIME AND DATE ABOVE, at which time the responsive Sealed Electronic Bids will be simultaneously and publicly opened and, except as provided in LSA-R.S. 37:2163, read aloud with the Sealed Bids in the Dufresne Conference Room, 13855 River Road, Luling, Louisiana 70070. Electronic Bids shall be received in accordance with the provisions of LAC 4:XV,701 and must comply with the relevant provisions stated in the Bidding Documents (which include the Contract Documents).
1. PROJECT: Project No.08-006, REROOFING OF LAKEWOOD AND A. A. SONGY ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS, LULING, LA, ST. CHARLES PARISH SCHOOL BOARD
2. BIDDING DOCUMENTS: Sets of complete Bidding Documents (which include the Contract Documents) are available to licensed contractors and others from the Architect until 24 hours before the date of Bid opening. A deposit in the amount of $100.00 shall be required for each set of complete Bidding documents requested by a prospective Bidder, subcontractor or any other person. Deposits made on the first set of complete Bidding Documents will be refunded in accordance with the requirements of LSA-R.S. 38:2212(A)(1)(e). Bidding Documents will be shipped only if the requesting party makes all arrangements and assumes responsibility for all charges. Bidding Documents are also available at the Owner’s website: www.stcharles.k12.la.us under “Quick Links” - “Online Bids, RFP’s, etc.”
3. BID SECURITY: Bid Security in the amount of five (5%) percent of the Bidder’s Base Bid plus all Alternates shall accompany each Bid in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders.
4. PERFORMANCE AND PAYMENT BONDS: The successful Bidder will be required to furnish a performance bond and a payment bond, each in an amount equal to one hundred (100%) percent of the contract amount and as per the provisions in the Instructions to Bidders.
5. DEADLINE FOR AWARD: Subject to the provisions of LSA-R.S. 38:2215, Owner will act within forty-five (45) days after the date of Bid opening to award the Contract or reject all Bids. Bids shall not be subject to withdrawal except as provided in the Instructions to Bidders.
6. PRE-BID CONFERENCE: A MANDATORY pre-bid conference will be held at the Lakewood Elementary School, 523 East Heather Drive, Luling, Louisiana, on Thursday, March 19, 2009, at 10:00 o’clock, a.m.
7. LICENSING REQUIREMENT: Bidders must meet the requirements of the State of Louisiana Contractor’s Licensing Law, LSA-R.S. 37:2150, et seq. (“Contractor’s Law). A Bidder shall certify that he/she/it holds an active license under the provisions of the Contractor’s Law and show his/her/its license number on the bid envelope. In the case of an electronic bid proposal, Bidders may submit an authentic digital signature on the electronic bid proposal accompanied by the contractor’s license number. Bids not containing the contractor’s certification and that do not show the contractor’s license number as required herein, shall be automatically rejected, returned to the Bidder marked “Rejected”, and shall not be read aloud.
8. CONTRACT TIMES: The Contract Times and the associated liquidated damages are specified in the Contract Documents.
9. REQUESTS FOR INTERPRETATION: All questions or inquiries concerning the Bidding documents or the Project shall be submitted in writing to the Architect, HMS ARCHITECTS, 1515 POYDRAS STREET, SUITE 2680, NEW ORLEANS, LA, 70112; contact project architect, Glenn Higgins.
10. REJECTION OF BIDS: The St. Charles Parish School Board reserves the right to waive any non-conformances in any Bids (unless any such waiver is barred by LSA-R.S. 38:2212), to reject any and all Bids for just cause (LSA-R.S. 38:2214(B)) and to readvertise for Bids.
St. Charles Parish Public Schools
Dr. Rodney R. Lafon, Superintendent
13855 River Road
Luling, La 70070
Dates: (1) February 26, 2009
(2 ) March 5, 2009
(3) March 12, 2009
See Addendum which changes the advertisement dates.