Supplemental Surveying Services
The Parish of Jefferson, authorized by Resolution 139554 is hereby soliciting Statement of Qualifications from additional persons or firms interested in providing Surveying Services on an as-needed basis for Public Works projects with maximum allowable fees of $300,000.00 per year, who are not one of the eight (8) persons or firms approved by Resolution No. 137787, dated June 9, 2021.
Deadline for Submissions: August 19, 2022 at 3:30 PM
The firms submitting a Statement of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish TEC Questionnaire) must identify all sub-consultant firms which they expect to use to provide professional services, and submit a Statement of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish TEC Questionnaire) for each sub-consultant firm. (Refer to Jefferson Parish Code Ordinance, Section 2-928).
With regard to the questionnaire, Principal means the sole proprietor of the firm, or one who shares an ownership interest with other persons in the firm, including but not limited to, a partner in a partnership, a shareholder in a corporation, or a member of a limited liability corporation.
The cost of these surveying services will be negotiated by the Jefferson Parish Department of Engineering. As determined by the Engineering Department, services will be paid for on a lump sum fee basis or on the basis of the person or firm’s certified and itemized salary costs plus a fee to cover overhead cost and profit in accordance with guidelines established in Attachment “A” to the Standard Professional Services Agreement for Jefferson Parish. Copy of Attachment “A” may be obtained by calling the Jefferson Parish Engineering Department at (504) 736-6505.
Minimum Requirements for Selection
one principal who is a professional land surveyor, who shall be registered as such in Louisiana.
a professional in charge of the project who is a professional land surveyor, who shall be registered as such in Louisiana, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the disciplines involved.
one employee who is a professional land surveyor, who shall be registered as such in Louisiana in the field or fields of expertise required for the project (A sub-consultant may meet the requirement only if the advertised project involves more than one discipline.)
The following criteria will be used to evaluate the statement of the firms submitting:
1) Professional training and experience in relation to the type of work required for surveying services - 35 points.
2) Capacity for timely completion of newly assigned work, considering the factors of current unfinished workload, and person or firm’s available professional and support personnel - 20 points.
3) Location of the principal office where work will be performed - 15 points (Preference shall be given to persons or firms with a principal business office at which the work will be performed as follows: (A) Jefferson Parish, including municipalities located within Jefferson Parish (15 Points); (B) Neighboring Parishes of the Greater New Orleans Metropolitan Region, which includes Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles and St. Tammany Parishes (12 Points); (C) Parishes other than the foregoing (10 Points); (D) Outside the State of Louisiana (6 Points).).
4) Adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the person or firm performing professional services, in which the Parish prevailed or any ongoing adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the person or firm performing professional services, excluding those instances or cases where the person or firm was added as an indispensable party, or where the person or firm participated in or assisted the public entity in prosecution of its claim - 15 points (In the event that the person or firm fails to provide accurate and detailed information regarding legal proceedings with the Parish, including the absence of legal proceedings, the person or firm shall be deemed unresponsive with regard to this category, and zero (0) points shall be awarded.).
5) Prior successful completion of projects requiring surveying services for which firm has provided verifiable references - 15 points.
6) Size of firm, considering the number of professional and support personnel required to perform surveying tasks, including drafting of survey plans – 10 points.
7) Past Performance by person or firm on Parish contracts - 10 points (Assertions of fault by a person or firm, which shall include time delays, cost over-runs, and or design inadequacies in prior work completed for the Parish shall be evidenced by substantiating documentation provided by the Director of Public Works for the requesting department or the Director of Engineering and received by the Chairman of the Evaluation Committee a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled date of the Technical Evaluation Committee Meeting.)
The maximum cumulative fee that can be charged for all work on this contract shall not exceed $300,000 per year unless increased by contract amendment approved by the Jefferson Parish Council.
The person or firm submitting a Statement of Qualification (TEC Professional Survey Questionnaire) must identify all subcontractors who will assist in providing professional services for the project, in the professional services questionnaire. Each subcontractor shall be required to submit a TEC Professional Survey Questionnaire and all documents and information included in the questionnaire. (Refer to Jefferson Parish Code Ordinance, Section 2-928)
All persons or firms (including subcontractors) must submit a Statement of Qualifications (TEC Professional Survey Questionnaire) by the deadline. The latest professional services questionnaire may be obtained by contacting the Purchasing Department at (504) 364-2678 or via the Jefferson Parish website at www.jeffparish.net. This questionnaire can be accessed by hovering over “Business and Development” on the website and clicking on the Professional Services Questionnaires option under “Doing Business in Jefferson Parish”.
Submissions will only be accepted electronically via Jefferson Parish’s e-Procurement site, Central Bidding at www.centralauctionhouse.com or www.jeffparishbids.net. Registration is required and free for Jefferson Parish vendors by accessing the following link: www.centralauctionhouse.com/registration.php.
No submittals will be accepted after the deadline.
Affidavits are not required to be submitted with the Statement of Qualifications, but shall be submitted prior to contract approval.
Disputes/protests relating to the decisions by the evaluation committee or by the Jefferson Parish Council shall be brought before the 24th Judicial Court.
ADV: The New Orleans Advocate: July 20, 2022