THERE CAME ON TO BE HEARD AND WAS HEARD the motion of Supervisor Bruce
Boyd, which motion was seconded by Supervisor Doug Popwell, to adopt the following resolution,
RE: RESOLUTION TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS FOR PURCHASE OF ONE OR MORE
WHEREAS, Walthall County has need of purchasing one or more new pothole patchers use
in maintenance of roads and bridges in Walthall County, and
WHEREAS, it would be in the best interests of Walthall County, Mississippi and its people
that advertisement be made for the purchase of one or more new pothole patchers.
IT IS THEREFORE, ORDERED AND RESOLVED that the Clerk of this Board be
authorized and directed to cause to be published in the Tylertown Times, in the manner provided by
law, the following notice, to-wit:
NOTICE OF INVITATION TO BID
Notice is hereby given that sealed or electronic bid proposals will be received by the Board
of Supervisors of Walthall County, Mississippi for the purpose of purchasing one or more new
Bid proposals (no prices) will be accepted until 10:00 am. on Wednesday, June 22, 2022.
Bid specifications and procedures may be obtained by contacting the Walthall County
Purchase Clerk, 200 Ball Avenue, Tylertown, Mississippi on Monday through Friday between the
hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Bid proposals may be submitted by sealed envelope at the Walthall
County Chancery Clerk's Office, 200 Ball Avenue, Tylertown, Mississippi, or by electronic
submission at www.centralbidding.com.
All sealed bid proposals must be on file with the Walthall County Chancery Clerk prior to
or by the acceptance date and time as stated above. Said bid proposals must be sealed and clearly
marked on the outside of the envelope as indicated: ONE OR MORE NEW POTHOLE PATCHERS
/BID PROPOSAL DATE: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2022. Submissions not so marked are
submitted at the risk of the prospective bidder and the County assumes no responsibility for the
premature opening of same by any County employee. Bid proposals sent through the U.S. Mail or
delivered in person are done so at the risk of the prospective bidder and should be addressed and/or
delivered to the Walthall County Board of Supervisors, in care of the Walthall County Chancery
Clerk, 200 Ball Avenue, Tylertown, Mississippi 39667. The County is not responsible for
submissions that are delivered in person or arrive in the mail after the designated opening time.
All electronic bid specifications and procedures may be obtained electronically at
www.centralbidding.com For questions relating to electronic downloads, please call Central Bidding
Bid proposals will be evaluated and vendors submitting acceptable proposals will be invited
by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 5, 2022 to submit priced bids. Final bidding will be held
by electronic reverse auction on Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at www.centralbidding.com beginning at
10:00 AM and ending at 11:00 AM (unless extended by anti-sniping).
Electronic bids and/or reverse auctions bids may be submitted at www.centralbidding.com.
For any questions related to the electronic bidding process, please call Central Bidding at
225-810-4814. Bids may also be submitted in the regular meeting room of the Walthall County
Board of Supervisors, 200 Ball Avenue, Tylertown, Mississippi 39667, on Wednesday, July 6, 2022,
beginning at 10:00 AM and ending at 11:00 AM (unless extended by anti-sniping) and will be
included in the"live" reverse auction. However, anyone wishing to submit bids in that manner will
need to register with Central Bidding prior to said date. After careful consideration, the Walthall
County Board of Supervisors will officially award the bid at the next scheduled Board meeting on
Wednesday, July 20, 2022, or as soon thereafter as reasonably possible.
If the agency is closed for any unforeseen reason which prevents the acceptance and/or
opening of sealed or electronic bids, or prevents the live reverse auction at the advertised date and
time, all bids shall be publicly opened and read aloud on the next business day that the agency shall
be open and at the previously advertised time. All reverse auctions shall begin on the next business
day that the agency shall be open and at the previously advertised time. The agency shall not be held
responsible for the receipt of any bids for which the delivery was attempted and failed due to the
unforeseen closure of the agency. Each vendor/contractor shall be required to ensure the delivery and
receipt of its sealed and/or electronic bid by the agency prior to the new date and time of the bid
The Board expressly reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids, or any part of any
or all bids based on a lowest and best bid determination in the best interest of the County. The Board
of Supervisors may consider the following factors in determining the award: date of delivery,
service, previous performance and experience of bidder, buy back options, transportation costs, costs
of operating, quality, maintenance and warranty. The Board reserves the right to waive informalities.
Please take notice pursuant to Section 19-13-17, Mississippi Code of 1972, Amended, that
the Board of Supervisors intends to pay for such equipment in installments or cash. Payment will be
made after first Monday of month following delivery, provided delivery is made on or before 25th
of such month.
The County reserves the right to utilize "anti-sniping" for reverse auctions. Anti-sniping is
a tool that automatically extends the bid time for reverse auctions by five (5) minutes if a vendor
places a bid in the final five (5) minutes of the reverse suction. The anti-sniping effect will
automatically extend the reverse auction bid time any time a bid is placed in the last five (5) minutes
of the reverse auction and can auto extend the reverse auction multiple times until the bidding on the
reverse auction ends.
SO RESOLVED, on this the 2nd day of May, 2022.
|REVERSE AUCTION BIDDING:
• The real-time bidding interface will appear below at the start date and time set by the owner. If you are viewing this page before the set start time of the reverse auction, you may need to refresh the page in your web browser in order to see the real-time bidding interface below.
• The Central Bidding time listed for this Reverse Auction is the official time for the placement of bids. All bidders acknowledge that this Reverse Auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware, software, internal and external network speeds, as well as other variables that are outside of the control of Central Bidding. Central Bidding does not suggest waiting until the final seconds to place your Reverse Auction Bid. Vendors are solely responsible for the placement of timely bids.
• If you are viewing a Multi-Line Item Reverse Auction and you do not see the next item for bid once the time for that item expires, you may need to refresh/reload your page. You can do so by clicking the "Refresh" or "Reload" button which is normally located near the Home, Forward, and Back buttons in your web browser (depending on which web browser you are currently using).
• For questions regarding automatic extensions of the Reverse Auction time and other Reverse Auction technical information, please refer to the Anti-Bid Sniping section on the Reverse Auction FAQ page.
• When entering a bid amount, you may ONLY enter numbers (and one decimal point if necessary).
• DO NOT ENTER A DOLLAR SIGN OR COMMA WITH YOUR BID AMOUNT.