St. Charles Parish hereby requests qualification statements from professional firms interested in providing engineering services for projects associated with the parish’s roads and streets. Typical projects include road base work, patching, pothole repairs, overlays, shoulder/curb repair, and assisting the parish in managing its annual road maintenance program. Firms selected as qualified will be placed in a pool for subsequent project assignment.
Professional engineering services to be provided will include but are not be limited to:
- Providing a conceptual design report consisting of alternatives and recommendation to accomplish the project along with a preliminary cost estimate.
- Engineering services consisting of preliminary and final engineering design reports including cost estimates, specifications, and drawings, bidding management, construction administration, and providing “as built” drawings.
- Additional services as needed for measuring existing conditions, topographical and field surveys, permits and servitudes, construction project representation and quality assurance.
- Feasibility studies and analysis that may also require aerial mapping, CADD/GIS compatible drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Design and construction management of Parish road projects through various LaDOTD funding sources and to the standards of LaDOTD
- Perform LaDOTD survey, street ranking, and prepare bid specifications within 30 days after contract awarded.
Minimum requirements for selection will include but are not limited to at least 5 years experience in professional project design and construction management services in the type of projects listed above.
For further information, call Mr. Sam Scholle, Director of Public Works/Wastewater, at (985) 783-5102. Interested firms must submit one (1) original and six (6) copies of a completed St Charles Parish Professional Questionnaire_Roads Feb 2016 to the St. Charles Public Works/Wastewater Department, 100 River Oaks, Destrehan 70047, no later than 10:00 A.M. on Tuesday, March 1, 2016. St. Charles Public Works/Wastewater office hours are 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Thursday. Appropriate form can be obtained from either St. Charles Parish Web site or the Central Auction House Web Site.
Please label packages Engineering Services – Roads.
Only completed forms delivered to St. Charles Parish Public Works will be accepted. No electronic copies.