ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
BID NUMBER: _2011-35-64_______
The Cameron Parish School Board does hereby advertise for sealed bids and will receive same on:
1. Monday, April 11, 2011
2. At the Offices of the Cameron Parish School Board, (2nd Floor Conference Room), 510 Marshall Street, Cameron, LA 70643, until the hour of 11:00 a.m. local time.
3. For Project: “Cameron Auditorium”. Bid No. _2011-35-64________
4. Contract documents, including drawings, are on file at the Offices of H. Curtis Vincent – Steven D. Shows, Architects, 1502 South Huntington Street, Sulphur, Louisiana 70663. Complete documents may be obtained from this office upon deposit of $120.00 for each set of documents. Deposit is fully refundable for the first set of documents to all bonafide prime* bidders upon return of the documents in good condition no later than ten (10) days after receipt of bids. The deposit of all other set of documents will be refunded fifty percent (50%) upon return of documents as stated above. All bids shall be submitted on Provided Bid Forms or Exact Photocopies.
*Prime bidder is defined as licensed General Contractors bidding this job as such.
5. Bids may also be submitted by electronic means security/password protected to: www.centralbidding.com ensuring the following information is included on all pages of all correspondence:
a. Vendor Name as registered with Louisiana Secretary of State-Corporation Database
b. Vendor Sales Representative and contract number(s)
c. Formal Bid # _2011-35-64_____
d. Bid due Date and Time
6. A Pre-Bid Conference will be conducted at the School Board Office on Thursday, March 31, 2011 @ the hour of 2:00pm at 510 Marshall Street, Cameron, LA 70643. All interested Bidders intending to submit bids on this project are requested to have a representative present at this conference.
7. Preference is given to materials, supplies, and provisions that are produced, manufactured, or grown in Louisiana, quality being equal to articles offered by competitors outside the State.
8. All bids must be accompanied by bid security equal to five percent (5%) of the sum of the base bid and all alternates, and must be in the form of a certified check or cashier’s check drawn on a bank insured by the FDIC, or a Bid Bond Form contained in contract documents, written by a surety company licensed to do business in Louisiana with a A.M. Best Rating of “A” or better, countersigned by a person who is under contract with the surety company or bond insurer as a licensed agent in this state and who is residing in this state, and that it is listed thereon as approved for an amount equal to or greater than the amount for which it obligates itself in this instrument, all in accordance with LSAR.S. 38:2218.
9. No Bid Bond indicating an obligation of less than five percent (5%) by any method is acceptable.
10. The successful bidder shall be required to furnish a Performance and Payment Bond written by a company licensed to do business in Louisiana, in an amount equal to 100% of the Contract amount, written by a surety company licensed to do business in Louisiana with a A.M. Best Rating of “A” or better, all in accordance with LSAR.S. 38:2219. The bond shall be countersigned by a person who is under contract with the surety company or bond issuer as an insurance agent in this State, and who is residing in this State.
11. Bids shall be accepted only from contractors who are licensed under LAR.S. 37:2150-2163 for the classification of Building Construction. No bid may be withdrawn for a period of forty-five (45) days after receipt of bids, except under the provisions of LAR.S. 38:2214.
12. The Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids for just cause. In accordance with LAR.S. 38:2212(A)(1)(b), the provisions and requirements of this Section, those stated in the advertisement for bids, and those required on the Bid Form shall not be considered as informalities and shall not be waived by any public entity.
13. The public shall incur no obligation to the Contractor until the Contract between the Owner and the Contractor is fully executed.
14. Official action on this bid will be taken within thirty (30) days by the Cameron Parish School Board. The Cameron Parish School Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
15. All bids must be plainly marked on the outside of the envelope:
BID FOR: “Cameron Auditorium”
Ms. Dot Theriot, President
Cameron Parish School Board