SOQ # 23-022
Provide Professional Surveying Services on an as needed basis for Public Works Projects for the Jefferson Parish Department of Public Works- Engineering for a period of Two (2) Years
The Parish of Jefferson, authorized by Resolution No. 142423 is hereby soliciting Statements of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) Professionals Questionnaire from individuals or firms interested in contracting with the Parish of Jefferson to Provide Professional Surveying Services on an as Needed Basis for Public Works Projects for a period of two (2) years by mutual consent of the Parties and approval by the Parish Council (Parishwide).
Deadline for Submissions: 3:30 p.m. August 11, 2023
The firms submitting a Statement of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish TEC Questionnaire) must identify all sub-consultant firms which they expect to use to provide professional services, and submit a Statement of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish TEC Questionnaire) for each sub-consultant firm. (Refer to Jefferson Parish Code Ordinance, Section 2-928).
With regard to the questionnaire, Principal means the sole proprietor of the firm, or one who shares an ownership interest with other persons in the firm, including but not limited to, a partner in a partnership, a shareholder in a corporation, or a member of a limited liability corporation.
The cost of these surveying services will be negotiated by the Jefferson Parish Department of Engineering. As determined by the Engineering Department, services will be paid for on a lump sum fee basis or on the basis of the person or firm’s certified and itemized salary costs plus a fee to cover overhead cost and profit in accordance with guidelines established in Attachment “A” to the Standard Professional Services Agreement for Jefferson Parish. Copy of Attachment “A” may be obtained by calling the Jefferson Parish Engineering Department at (504) 736-6505.
Minimum Requirements for Selection
1. The persons or firm under consideration shall have at least One (1) principal who is a professional land surveyor, who shall be registered as such in Louisiana. (Section C of TEC Professional Services Questionnaire).
2. The persons or firm under consideration shall have a professional in charge of the project who is a professional land surveyor, who shall be registered as such in Louisiana, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the disciplines involved.
3. The persons or firms under consideration shall have one employee who is a professional land surveyor, who shall be registered as such in Louisiana in the field or fields of expertise required for the project (A sub-consultant may meet the requirement only if the advertised project involves more than one discipline.)
The following criteria will be used to evaluate the statement of the firms submitting:
1) Professional training and experience in relation to the type of work required for surveying services (Maximum points awarded shall be 35 points).
2) Capacity for timely completion of newly assigned work, considering the factors of current unfinished workload, and person or firm’s available professional and support personnel (Maximum points awarded shall be 20 points).
3) Location of the principal office - 15 points (Preference shall be given to persons or firms with a principal business office as follows: (A) Jefferson Parish, including municipalities located within Jefferson Parish (15 Points); (B) Neighboring Parishes of the Greater New Orleans Metropolitan Region, which includes Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles and St. Tammany Parishes (12 Points); (C) Parishes other than the foregoing (10 Points); (D) Outside the State of Louisiana (6 Points).).
4) Adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the person or firm performing professional services, in which the Parish prevailed or any ongoing adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the person or firm performing professional services, excluding those instances or cases where the person or firm was added as an indispensable party, or where the person or firm participated in or assisted the public entity in prosecution of its claim - Maximum points awarded should be15 points (In the event that the person or firm fails to provide accurate and detailed information regarding legal proceedings with the Parish, including the absence of legal proceedings, the person or firm shall be deemed unresponsive with regard to this category, and zero (0) points shall be awarded.).
5) Prior successful completion of projects requiring surveying services for which firm has provided verifiable references (Maximum points awarded should be 15 points).
6) Size of firm, considering the number of professional and support personnel required to perform surveying tasks, including drafting of survey plans (Maximum points awarded should be 10 points).
7) Past Performance by person or firm on Parish contracts - 10 points (Assertions of fault by a person or firm, which shall include time delays, cost over-runs, and or design inadequacies in prior work completed for the Parish shall be evidenced by substantiating documentation provided by the Director of Public Works for the requesting department or the Director of Engineering and received by the Chairman of the Evaluation Committee a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled date of the Technical Evaluation Committee Meeting.)
The maximum cumulative fee that can be charged for all work on this contract shall not exceed $500,000 per year unless increased by contract amendment approved by the Jefferson Parish Council.
Each firm’s lowest and highest score shall be dropped and not count towards the firm’s score. Only those persons or firms receiving an overall cumulative score of at least seventy (70) percent or greater, of the total possible points for all categories to be assigned by the participating technical evaluation committee members shall be deemed qualified to perform architectural, engineering, surveying, and laboratory and field services tasks.
The person or firm submitting a Statement of Qualification (Jefferson Parish TEC Questionnaire) must identify all subcontractors who will assist in providing professional services for the project, in the professional services questionnaire. Each subcontractor shall be required to submit a Jefferson Parish TEC Questionnaire and all documents and information included in the questionnaire. (Refer to Jefferson Parish Code Ordinance, Section 2-928)
All persons or firms (including subcontractors) must submit a Statement of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish TEC Questionnaire) by the deadline. The latest professional services questionnaire may be obtained by contacting the Purchasing Department at (504) 364-2678 or via the Jefferson Parish website at www.jeffparish.net. This questionnaire can be accessed by hovering over “Business and Development” on the website and clicking on the Professional Services Questionnaires option under “Doing Business in Jefferson Parish”.
Submissions will only be accepted electronically via Jefferson Parish’s e-Procurement site, Central Bidding at www.centralauctionhouse.com or www.jeffparishbids.net. Registration is required and free for Jefferson Parish vendors by accessing the following link: www.centralauctionhouse.com/registration.php.
No submittals will be accepted after the deadline.
Affidavits are not required to be submitted with the Statement of Qualifications, but shall be submitted prior to contract approval.
Disputes/protests relating to the decisions by the evaluation committee or by the Jefferson Parish Council shall be brought before the 24th Judicial Court.
ADV: The New Orleans Advocate: August 02, 2023