NOTICE OF INVITATION TO BID
Reverse Auction Information
Notice is hereby given that sealed or electronic bid proposals will be received by the Board of Supervisors of Clay County MS for the purchase of one (1) 2020 MODEL, ten (10) yard Truck Mounted Rear Loader GARBAGE TRUCK.
Bid proposals (no prices) will be accepted until 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
Bid specifications and procedures may be obtained by contacting the Purchase Clerk, Nikki Russell Cude, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at (662) 494-3313 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Bid proposals may be submitted by sealed envelope to the Chancery Clerk’s office located at 365 Court Street, West Point, MS 39773 or by electronic submission at www.centralbidding.com.
All sealed bid proposals must be on file with the Chancery Clerk prior to or by the acceptance date and time as stated above. Said bid proposals must be sealed and clearly marked on the outside of the envelope as indicated: ONE (1) 2020 MODEL GARBAGE TRUCKS/BID PROPOSAL DATE: Tuesday, September 8, 2020. Submissions not so marked are submitted at the risk of the prospective bidder and the County assumes no responsibility for the premature opening of same by any County employee. Bid proposals sent through the U.S. Mail or delivered in person are done so at the risk of the prospective bidder and should be addressed and/or delivered to the Clay County Board of Supervisors, % of Amy G. Berry, Chancery Clerk, P.O. Box 815, West Point, MS 39773, or by hand or parcel delivery to 365 Court Street, West Point, MS 39773. The County is not responsible for submissions that are delivered in person or arrive in the mail after the designated opening time.
All electronic bid specifications and procedures may be obtained electronically at www.centralbidding.com. For questions relating to electronic downloads, please call Central Bidding at (225) 810-4814.
Bid proposals will be evaluated and vendors submitting acceptable proposals will be invited by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 to submit priced bids. Final bidding will be held by electronic reverse auction on Thursday, September 10, 2020 at www.centralbidding.com beginning at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 10:00 a.m. (unless extended by anti-sniping).
Electronic bids and/or reverse auctions bids may be submitted at www.centralbidding.com. For any questions related to the electronic bidding process, please call Central Bidding at (225) 810-4814. Bids may also be submitted at Clay County Chancery Clerk’s office % Amy G. Berry, 365 Court Street, West Point, MS 39773, on Thursday, September 10, 2020, beginning at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 10:00 a.m. (unless extended by anti-sniping) and will be included in the "live" reverse auction.
However, anyone wishing to submit bids in that manner will need to register with Central Bidding prior to said bid opening time and date. After careful consideration, the Clay County Board of Supervisors will officially award the bid at its regularly scheduled Board meeting on Thursday, September 10, 2020, at 10:30 a.m. unless continued until a later date.
If the agency is closed for any unforeseen reason which prevents the acceptance and/or opening of sealed or electronic bids, or prevents the live reverse auction at the advertised date and time, all bids shall be publicly opened and read aloud on the next business day that the agency shall be open and at the previously advertised time. All reverse auctions shall begin on the next business day that the agency shall be open and at the previously advertised time. The agency shall not be held responsible for the receipt of any bids for which the delivery was attempted and failed due to the unforeseen closure of the agency. Each vendor/contractor shall be required to ensure the delivery and receipt of its sealed and/or electronic bid by the agency prior to the new date and time of the bid opening.
The Board expressly reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids, or any part of any or all bids based on a lowest and best bid determination in the best interest of the County. The Board also reserves the right to waive informalities.
The County reserves the right to utilize "anti-sniping" for reverse auctions. Anti-sniping is a tool that automatically extends the bid time for reverse auctions by five (5) minutes if a vendor places a bid in the final five (5) minutes of the reverse auction. The anti-sniping effect will automatically extend the reverse auction bid time any time a bid is placed in the last five (5) minutes of the reverse auction and can auto extend the reverse auction multiple times until the bidding on the reverse auction ends.
by order of the Clay County Board of Supervisors. Witness my hand and official seal of office.
(SEAL) President of Board of Supervisors
Publish two (2) times,
Saturday, August 22, 2020
Saturday, August 29, 2020
Provide Proof of Publication
BID AMOUNT (MUST BE THE TOTAL BID FOR BOTH THE CHASSIS AND REAR LOADER) $_______________________________
|REVERSE AUCTION BIDDING:
• The real-time bidding interface will appear below at the start date and time set by the owner. If you are viewing this page before the set start time of the reverse auction, you may need to refresh the page in your web browser in order to see the real-time bidding interface below.
• The Central Bidding time listed for this Reverse Auction is the official time for the placement of bids. All bidders acknowledge that this Reverse Auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware, software, internal and external network speeds, as well as other variables that are outside of the control of Central Bidding. Central Bidding does not suggest waiting until the final seconds to place your Reverse Auction Bid. Vendors are solely responsible for the placement of timely bids.
• If you are viewing a Multi-Line Item Reverse Auction and you do not see the next item for bid once the time for that item expires, you may need to refresh/reload your page. You can do so by clicking the "Refresh" or "Reload" button which is normally located near the Home, Forward, and Back buttons in your web browser (depending on which web browser you are currently using).
• For questions regarding automatic extensions of the Reverse Auction time and other Reverse Auction technical information, please refer to the Anti-Bid Sniping section on the Reverse Auction FAQ page.
• When entering a bid amount, you may ONLY enter numbers (and one decimal point if necessary).
• DO NOT ENTER A DOLLAR SIGN OR COMMA WITH YOUR BID AMOUNT.