NOTICE TO BIDDERS
The DeSoto County Board of Supervisors will receive bids for purchase of new handguns to include trade-in of service weapons and seized firearms for the DeSoto County Sheriff in the following manner:
BID FILE NO: 21-200-002 Firearms for DeSoto County Sheriff (Purchase and Trade-In)
Un-priced bid proposals will be accepted until 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 24, 2020, in sealed envelopes at the Office of Procurement, 365 Losher Street, Suite 340, Hernando, Mississippi, or by electronic bid submission. Submissions will be evaluated and vendors submitting acceptable offers will be invited to submit priced bids. Electronic bids and/or reverse auction bids can be submitted at www.centralbidding.com. For any questions relating to the electronic bidding process, please call Central Bidding at 225-810-4814.
Bidding will be held by electronic reverse auction on Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. Bidders m ay come to the Office of Procurement with a paper bid and receive technical assistance in entering their bid in the reverse auction.
Specifications and procedures are available by registering on the Procurement page of the DeSoto County Board of Supervisors website and printing the bid package at: http://desotocountyms.gov and on file in the Office of Procurement, DeSoto County Administration Building, 365Losher Street, Suite 340, Hernando, Mississippi, during normal business hours at no charge. Bid packages may also be downloaded from Central Bidding for a fee at www.centralbidding.com. All bids must comply with the specifications provided. DeSoto County reserves the right to amend the specifications, as necessary, and agrees to notify all having requested bid packets from the DeSoto County Office of Procurement.
The Office of Procurement reserves the right to extend the auction date if necessary to complete the bid proposal pre-qualification process.
That all un-priced technical offers must be sealed and clearly labeled on the outside of the bid envelopes as instructed in the bid package and delivered to the Office of Procurement at the above address or electronic bids can be submitted at www.centralbidding.com. Bidders may submit un-priced technical offers to Central Bidding at no charge.
The Board of Supervisors reserves the right to reject any and all bids and waive any informalities.
WITNESS MY SIGNATURE, this the 2nd day of November, 2020.
________________________/s/ MISTY HEFFNER
MISTY HEFFNER, CHANCERY CLERK
DeSoto County Board of Supervisors
SUBMITTED: DESOTO TIMES TRIBUNE
FOR PUBLICATION ON: Thursday, November 5, 2020
Thursday, November 12, 2020
PROOF OF PUBLICATION TO: DeSoto County Administrator Office
DeSoto County Administration Building
365 Losher Street, Suite 300
Hernando, MS 38632
REVERSE AUCTION BIDDING:
• The real-time bidding interface will appear below at the start date and time set by the owner. If you are viewing this page before the set start time of the reverse auction, you may need to refresh the page in your web browser in order to see the real-time bidding interface below.
• The Central Bidding time listed for this Reverse Auction is the official time for the placement of bids. All bidders acknowledge that this Reverse Auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware, software, internal and external network speeds, as well as other variables that are outside of the control of Central Bidding. Central Bidding does not suggest waiting until the final seconds to place your Reverse Auction Bid. Vendors are solely responsible for the placement of timely bids.
• If you are viewing a Multi-Line Item Reverse Auction and you do not see the next item for bid once the time for that item expires, you may need to refresh/reload your page. You can do so by clicking the "Refresh" or "Reload" button which is normally located near the Home, Forward, and Back buttons in your web browser (depending on which web browser you are currently using).
• For questions regarding automatic extensions of the Reverse Auction time and other Reverse Auction technical information, please refer to the Anti-Bid Sniping section on the Reverse Auction FAQ page.
• When entering a bid amount, you may ONLY enter numbers (and one decimal point if necessary). You MAY NOT enter a dollar sign or comma with your bid amount.