The Parish of Jefferson is hereby soliciting a Statement of Qualifications from persons or firms interested in providing professional traffic engineering services for the Department of Public Works on an as-needed basis for a period of two (2) years with maximum allowable fees of $400,000.00 per year.
(RES. NO. 137997) (DEADLINE DATE: September 15, 2021 @ 3:30 P.M.) General
The firms submitting a Statement of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) Questionnaire) must identify all sub-consultant firms which they expect to use to provide professional services, and submit a Statement of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish TEC Questionnaire) for each sub-consultant firm. (Refer to Jefferson Parish Code Ordinance, Section 2-928).
With regard to the questionnaire, Principal
means the sole proprietor of the firm, or one who shares an ownership interest with other persons in the firm, including but not limited to, a partner in a partnership, a shareholder in a corporation, or a member of a limited liability corporation. Compensation
The cost of these traffic engineering services will be negotiated by the Jefferson Parish Department of Engineering. As determined by the Engineering Department, services will be paid for on a lump sum fee basis or on the basis of the person or firm’s certified and itemized salary costs plus a fee to cover overhead cost and profit in accordance with guidelines established in Attachment “A” to the Standard Professional Services Agreement for Jefferson Parish. Copy of Attachment “A” may be obtained by calling the Jefferson Parish Engineering Department at (504) 736-6505. Minimum Requirements for Selection
One principal who is a professional civil engineer who shall be registered as such in Louisiana
A professional in charge of the project who is a professional civil engineer who shall be registered as such in Louisiana with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the disciplines involved
One employee who is a professional civil engineer registered as such in Louisiana in the field or fields of expertise required for the project (A sub-consultant may meet the requirement only if the advertised project involves more than one discipline.) Evaluation Criteria
The following criteria will be used to evaluate the statement of the firms submitting:
1) Professional training and experience in relation to the type of work required for the traffic engineering services - 35 points.
2) Capacity for timely completion of newly assigned work, considering the factors of current unfinished workload, and person or firm’s available professional and support personnel - 20 points.
3) Location of the principal office where work will be performed - 15 points (Preference shall be given to persons or firms with a principal business office at which the work will be performed as follows: (A) Jefferson Parish, including municipalities located within Jefferson Parish (15 Points); (B) Neighboring Parishes of the Greater New Orleans Metropolitan Region, which includes Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles and St. Tammany Parishes (12 Points); (C) Parishes other than the foregoing (10 Points); (D) Outside the State of Louisiana (6 Points).).
4) Adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the person or firm performing professional services, in which the Parish prevailed or any ongoing adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the person or firm performing professional services, excluding those instances or cases where the person or firm was added as an indispensable party, or where the person or firm participated in or assisted the public entity in prosecution of its claim - 15 points (In the event that the person or firm fails to provide accurate and detailed information regarding legal proceedings with the Parish, including the absence of legal proceedings, the person or firm shall be deemed unresponsive with regard to this category, and zero (0) points shall be awarded.).
5) Prior successful completion of projects requiring traffic engineering services for which firm has provided verifiable references - 15 points.
6) Size of firm, considering the number of professional and support personnel required to perform traffic engineering tasks, including project evaluation, traffic counting, project design, drafting of technical plans, development of technical specifications, and construction administration – 10 points.
7) Past Performance by person or firm on Parish contracts - 10 points (Assertions of fault by a person or firm, which shall include time delays, cost over-runs, and or design inadequacies in prior work completed for the Parish shall be evidenced by substantiating documentation provided by the Director of Public Works for the requesting department or the Director of Engineering and received by the Chairman of the Evaluation Committee a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled date of the Technical Evaluation Committee Meeting.).
The maximum cumulative fee that can be charged for all work on this contract shall not exceed $400,000 per year unless increased by contract amendment approved by the Jefferson Parish Council. There is no limit to the number of assignments that can be awarded to a person or firm.
All firms (including sub-consultants) must submit a Statement of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish TEC Questionnaire). Please obtain the latest questionnaire form by calling the Purchasing Department by telephone at (504) 364-2678 or using our web address: jeffparish.net. Submissions shall be submitted on the eProcurement site at www.jeffparishbids.net. These submissions will only be accepted electronically via the Parish’s e-Procurement system, Central Bidding, Central Bidding can be accessed by visiting eitherwww.centralauctionhouse.com or www.jeffparishbids.net. All vendors will be required to register with Central Bidding. Jefferson Parish vendors are able to register for free by accessing the following link: www.centralauction.house.com/registration.
The firms submitting a Statement of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish TEC Professional Services Questionnaire) must identify all sub-consultant firms which they expect to use to provide professional services, and submit a Statement of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish TEC Professional Services Questionnaire) for each sub-consultant firm. (Refer to Jefferson Parish Code of Ordinances, Section 2-928).
No Statements will be accepted after the deadline. (Resolution No. 137997). Parish-Wide.
Disputes/protests relating to the decisions by the evaluation committee or by the Jefferson Parish Council shall be brought before the 24th Judicial Court.
Effective November 1, 2020, submittals will be required to be submitted electronically.
ADV: The New Orleans Advocate: August 4, 2021
Please respond to this Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) per the instructions in the Public
Notice. All responses MUST be submitted electronically through this site.