The Parish of Jefferson is hereby soliciting Statements of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) Professional Services Questionnaire) from persons or firms interested in providing professional engineering and supplemental services for a Drainage Master Plan for the East Bank of Jefferson Parish.
(Res. No. 137574) (Deadline Date: July 28, 2021 at 3:30 PM)
Project will consist of hydraulic modeling of the drainage system on the East Bank of Jefferson Parish. Deliverables will include a full inventory of the existing system with a written breakdown of the systems operation. Hydrographic information will be documented in an easy to view format. Recommended improvements will be modeled and cost estimates generated. The intent of the project is to generate a document to guide future drainage improvement construction and provide guidance for development.
The firms submitting a Statement of Qualifications (TEC Professional Services Questionnaire) must identify all sub-consultant firms which they expect to use to provide professional services, and submit a Statement of Qualifications (TEC Professional Services Questionnaire) for each sub-consultant firm. (Refer to Jefferson Parish Code Ordinance, Section 2-928).
Compensation for the required services will be made on an hourly rate basis or a fixed fee basis, or a combination of both, depending on scope and complexity of the work. The Parish reserves the right to determine the method of payment (hourly or fixed) for each individual assignment.
For hourly rate work, the firm shall be compensated by the appropriate Jefferson Parish Department on the basis of their certified and itemized salary costs plus a fee to cover overhead costs and profit in accordance with guidelines established in Attachment “A” to the Standard Professional Services Agreement for Jefferson Parish. A copy of Attachment “A” may be obtained by calling the Jefferson Parish Department of Capital Projects at (504) 736-6833.
For fixed fee work, the fee shall be negotiated with the firm by the appropriate Jefferson Parish Department and shall be mutually agreeable to both parties.
All costs associated with this project shall be subject to Jefferson Parish review and approval.
Minimum Requirements for Selection
The persons or firms under consideration shall have at least one (1) principal who is a licensed, registered professional engineer in the State of Louisiana (Section C. of TEC Professional Services Questionnaire);
The persons or firms under consideration shall have a professional in charge of the Project who is a licensed, registered professional engineer in the State of Louisiana with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience (Section K. “PROFESSIONAL IN CHARGE OF PROJECT:” of TEC Professional Services Questionnaire);
The persons or firms under consideration shall have one (1) employee who is a licensed, registered professional engineer in the State of Louisiana. A subcontractor may meet this requirement only if the advertised Project involves more than one discipline (Section D. of TEC Professional Services Questionnaire).
The following criteria, listed in order of importance, will be used to evaluate each firm submitting a Statement of Qualification:
1) Professional training and experience in relation to the type of work required for the engineering services - 35 points;
2) Capacity for timely completion of newly assigned work, considering the factors of type of engineering task, current unfinished workload, and person or firm’s available professional and support personnel - 20 points;
3) Location of the principal office where work will be performed - 15 points (Preference shall be given to persons or firms with a principal business office at which the work will be performed as follows: (A) Jefferson Parish, including municipalities located within Jefferson Parish (15 Points); (B) Neighboring Parishes of the Greater New Orleans Metropolitan Region, which includes Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles and St. Tammany Parishes (12 Points); (C) Parishes other than the foregoing (10 Points); (D) Outside the State of Louisiana (6 Points).);
4) Adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the person or firm performing professional services, in which the Parish prevailed, or any ongoing adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the person or firm performing professional services, excluding those instances or cases where the person or firm was added as an indispensable party, or where the person or firm participated in or assisted the public entity in prosecution of its claim - 15 points (In the event that the person or firm fails to provide accurate and detailed information regarding legal proceedings with the Parish, including the absence of legal proceedings, the person or firm shall be deemed unresponsive with regard to this category, and zero (0) points shall be awarded.);
5) Prior successful completion of projects of the type and nature of the engineering services, as defined, for which firm has provided verifiable references - 15 points;
6) Size of firm, considering the number of professional and support personnel required to perform the type of engineering tasks – 10 points;
7) Past Performance by person or firm on Parish contracts - 10 points (Assertions of fault by a person or firm, which shall include time delays, cost over-runs, and or design inadequacies in prior work completed for the Parish shall be evidenced by substantiating documentation provided by the Director of Public Works for the requesting department or the Director of Engineering and received by the Chairman of the Evaluation Committee a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled date of the Technical Evaluation Committee Meeting).
Only those persons or firms receiving an overall cumulative score of at least seventy percent (70%) or greater, of the total possible points for all categories to be assigned by the participating Technical Evaluation Committee members shall be deemed qualified to perform architectural or engineering tasks.
All firms must submit a Statement of Qualifications (TEC Professional Services Questionnaire). Please obtain the latest TEC Professional Services Questionnaire, by calling the Purchasing Department at (504) 364-2678 or (504) 364-2682.
Submissions are to be submitted on the eProcurement site at www.jeffparishbids.net.
These submissions will only be accepted electronically via the Parish’s e-Procurement system, Central Bidding. Central Bidding can be accessed by visiting either www.centralauctionhouse.com or www.jeffparishbids.net. All vendors will be required to register with Central Bidding. Jefferson Parish vendors are able to register for free by accessing the following link: . http://www.centralauctionhouse.com/SignUp.
No submittals will be accepted after the deadline.
Affidavits are not required to be submitted with the Statement of Qualifications (TEC Professional Services Questionnaire) but shall be submitted prior to contract approval.
Disputes/protests relating to the decisions by the evaluation committee or by the Jefferson Parish Council shall be brought before the 24th Judicial Court.
(Resolution No. 137574)
The New Orleans Advocate: June 30, 2021
PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS (SOQ) AS PER THE
INSTRUCTIONS IN THE PUBLIC NOTICE. ALL RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED
THROUGH THIS ELECTRONIC SITE.