Sealed bids will be received by the City of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, a Municipal Corporation, in the Council Chamber in the City Hall, 2201 University Boulevard, on the 23rd day of June, 2021, until, 10:00 a.m., local time, and then publicly opened and read for the furnishing of all labor, material and equipment for performing a public works project according to the plans, details, specifications and Contract Documents.
Please submit the entire Bid Package, including: Bid Proposal Form completed with acknowledgement of addendum, references and signatures (signed either electronically or physically signed and scanned in), Bid Schedule (Attachment A), required PICS Supplier Qualification Package (Attachment B), copy of General Contractors License, Bid Bond, and Forms, 3, 4, and 5.
Award of the contract will be made within sixty (60) calendar days from the date of the bid opening.
Special COVID-19 Requirements:
Due to the recent events associated with the Coronavirus the following requirements will be enforced during scheduled site visits, pre-bid meetings and the public bid opening:
1. All those attending a scheduled site visit shall comply with all Federal, State, and City of Tuscaloosa requirements associated with the virus COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
2. Face coverings that fully cover the nose and mouth are required for employees and public visitors on the premises of all City-owned and -operated facilities.
3. Only one representative for a bidder shall attend the pre-bid meeting and bid opening.
4. All those attending any meeting shall be healthy and not display any symptoms of sickness.
5. All those attending any meeting shall sit 6’-0” apart from all others in the room.
6. Any individual not complying with any of these requirements will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
The Project shall be known as Ed Love Water Treatment Plant and Water Distribution Instrumentation Project – Phase B and the general character of said public works project shall consist of the following:
Upgrade the Ed Love Water Treatment Plant SCADA system – bring the Ed Love Plant into conformance with ICS security standards, upgrade most of the obsolete PLCs and control network equipment within the plant and provide the plan with a new secure control room.
The approximate quantities of said Project are as follows: See bid form (Attachment A) in Section III of the Public Works Contract Documents.
Special instructions are as follows: Attendance at the Pre-Bid Conference is mandatory (see Item 7 of this Section below).
The City will furnish the following: Site/Facility access and see Section 01 31 13, Project Coordination.
Time of Construction: From the date stated in the Notice to Proceed, the Project time of construction is 500 consecutive calendar days.
Plans and Specifications: Plans, specifications and the official Bid Documents can be downloaded at www.centralbidding.com. After downloading the documents, each Prospective Bidder will be responsible for printing the documents as desired. Hard copy Bid Documents will not be distributed. For any questions about accessing or downloading the Bid Documents, please contact Central Bidding at 225-810-4814 or email@example.com.
Qualification of Bidders:
All bidders must be responsible, meeting the criteria and requirements set forth in the Instructions to Bidders and bid proposal.
Prequalification of Bidders IS NOT required.If prequalification of bidders is indicated to be required by the preceding sentence, then written prequalification information is available for review at the same office where plans, specifications and Contract Documents are available.
The attention of all bidders is called to the provisions of State law governing "general Contractors," as set forth in Ala. Code §34-8-1, et seq. (1975), and rules and regulations promulgated pursuant thereto.
If a construction manager is being utilized and this contract is one of a multiple of trade contracts, then the bidder shall be fully licensed for the trade, as determined by applicable law.
The City may not enter into a contract with a non-resident corporation or entity which is not qualified under State law to do business in the State of Alabama.
All bidders shall possess all other licenses and/or permits required by applicable law, rule or regulation for the performance of the work.
All bidders must submit with their proposal, Contractor's license number and a copy of the license. State law, Ala. Code §34-8-8(b), requires all bids to be rejected which do not contain the General Contractor's current license number.
The City reserves the right to reject all bids and/or reject and rebid the Project should it determine the same is in the best interest of the City.
4. Construction Manager:
If the preceding blank is marked with an affirmative indication, it means that this contract involves the use of a construction manager and this contract is one of several multiple trade and/or multiple prime contracts for work on the Project. Bidders attention is called to the supplemental conditions attached to the General Conditions of the Contract Documents regarding this topic.
5. Bid Bonds: Each bidder must submit with its bid a cashier's check drawn on an Alabama bank or a fully executed bid bond on the form that is contained in the Contract Documents executed by a surety company duly authorized and qualified to make bond in the State of Alabama. All bonds, sureties and/or cashier checks will be made payable to the City for an amount not less than 5 percent of the City's or its engineers or architects estimated cost of the Project or of the total bid in the proposal, but in no event more than $10,000.00.
6. Sales and Use Tax Savings: Alabama Department of Revenue Rule 810-6-3.69.02(2010) exempts certain payment of state, county, and municipal sales and use taxes by the contractor or subcontractor on tangible personal property to be incorporated into the realty pursuant to a contract with a municipal corporation such as the City of Tuscaloosa. All tax exempt purchases shall be in accordance with the laws of this state and the Alabama Department of Revenue. It is the sole responsibility of the successful contractor to make the necessary inquiries and determinations as to what materials or items of tangible personal property to be incorporated into the project qualify as tax exempt in the opinion of the Alabama Department of Revenue. Unless otherwise noted, the project will be bid and administered in compliance with the State of Alabama Act 2013-205, Certificate of Exemption from Sales and Use Tax for Governmental Entities, regarding sales and use taxes. Sales and use taxes shall not be included in the bid. The Contractor shall be responsible for obtaining a certificate of exemption from the Alabama Department of Revenue for purchases of materials and other tangible property made part of the project. Any subcontractors purchasing materials or other tangible personal property as part of the project shall also be responsible for obtaining a certificate of exemption. The estimate sales and use tax saving must be accounted for on the bid proposal. Failure to provide the estimated sales and use tax savings may render the bid as non-responsive. Other than determining responsiveness of the bid, sales and use tax accounting shall not affect the bid pricing nor shall be considered in the determination of the lowest responsible and responsive bidder.
7. Pre-Bid Conference: A Pre-Bid Conference IS required for this Project. If a conference is required, see below for specific instructions.
There will be a mandatory Pre-Bid Conference held at the Council Chambers in the City Hall, 2201 University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL at 10:00 a.m., local time, on June 16, 2021. This Pre-Bid Conference is open to any member of the public.
NOTE: All bidders are advised to carefully read the Instructions to Bidders contained in the Contract Documents, which provisions and requirements are adopted herein by reference.