The Parish of Jefferson is hereby soliciting the submittal of a Statement of Qualifications from
persons or firms interested and qualified as defined by the Department of Health and Human Services for participation in Jefferson Community Actions’ Head Start Birth-to-Five and Early Head Start Programs. The public purpose of the Project is to identify licensed early childhood providers to provide education, parent involvement, and nutrition services for children ages 6-weeks – 35 months under the Head Start Birth-to-Five Grant and Early Head Start Expansion Grant. Persons or firms deemed qualified for this work shall be eligible for award of early childcare services throughout the Parish until March 1, 2024.
(Resolution No. 138354 (Deadline Date: November 4, 2021)
1. Childcare services provided full day, full year education, parent involvement and nutrition services for children 6 weeks -35 months for 10 hours per day, five (5) days per week, twelve (12) months per year with the exception of the following holidays when the center is closed: New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Mardi Gras, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day;
2. Participate in Self-Assessment interviewing process and serve on Self-Assessment Team;
3.Utilize Creative Curriculum for Infants and Toddlers. Must use Teaching Strategies Gold assessments and ongoing progress;
4. Participate in JeffCAP Head Start Birth-to-Five and Early Head Start Staff Professional Development and training to ensure all staff has the required training hours as deemed by Head Start Performance Standards, Head Start Act and Louisiana Department of Education Division;
5. Collaborate with JeffCAP Head Start Birth-to-Five and Early Head Start Programs to expand, develop and implement Head Start Birth-to-Five and Early Head Start (EHS) services;
6. Conduct monthly Parent Committee meetings to ensure parent involvement is achieved and any concerns are voiced and addressed;
7. Ensure that parents/guardians with children enrolled will participate in Parent Orientation and the Head Start and Early Head Start Parent Partnership Workshop and elect representatives for JeffCAP Head Start B-5 Policy Council from the Parent Committee;
8. Ensure that enrollees will participate in the Transition and Screening Process. The health screening MUST be conducted (vision, hearing and behavior) within 45 days of entry into program;
9. Complete developmental screenings and ongoing assessment for all participants for the purpose of planning appropriate activities for the children. Also, they will develop individual lesson plans using Teaching Strategies Gold online system on a weekly basis that include individualization for the children enrolled. The teaching staff with Head Start participants will conduct home visits before children enter the center and as scheduled on the JeffCAP Head Start B-5 calendar. Teaching staff will conduct parent conferences and provide parent with documentation related to their child’s progress;
10. Ensure JeffCAP Head Start B-5 Child Outcomes will be implemented in each classroom;
11. Participate in all JeffCAP Head Start Birth-to-Five and Early Head Start program activities such as Open House, Parent Orientation, School Readiness Fairs, Grandparents’ Day, Health Fairs, etc.;
12. Maintain class size in compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards 1304.52 (g) (4). A group of eight is the maximum number of infants and toddlers assigned to two teachers. The number of children assigned to each classroom cannot exceed the mandated square footage required per child;
13. Required that each classroom will have two teaching staff per room at all times;
14. Expected to be in full compliance with the Head Start/Early Head Start Performance Standards within 90 days of the contract date;
15. Reports and recommendations provided based upon observations and findings;
16. Keep and maintain adequate, legible, genuine, current, and complete records of services rendered under the terms of this agreement and to make available all such records, which at a minimum, shall consist of, but are not limited to, the following categories and/or documents;
17. Enrollment records that include verification of family income and other verification required for determining eligibility for Head Start funding. Such verification must meet the criteria required by the administration for Children and Families and JeffCAP Head Start Birth-to-Five and Early Head Start;
18. Records documenting screening, on-going assessments and educational services for pre-school children;
19. Fiscal and Non-Federal Share: Ensure that all expenditures and In-Kind items related to reimbursement requests and Non-Federal Share are acceptable and allowable in accordance with 2 CFR, Part 200 and ensure that the Non-Federal Share obligation is met as required, which is 25% of the total Federal reimbursement received;
20. Required to meet with JeffCAP Head Start B-5 Administrators, at least quarterly or as deemed necessary to address program problems, concerns, or issues;
21. Ensure that participants with disabilities will receive services through the Jeff CAP HS B-5 Education/ Disabilities Content Area and Louisiana Department of Education Early Steps and Child Search program;
22. Provide proof that operation is in good standing under Type III License from Louisiana Department of Education Licensing Division (must submit copy of current License);
23. Provide evidence that Early Head Start (EHS) teachers have a minimum of Child Development Associates Degree (CDA) upon hire. CDA’s that are in areas other than Infants and Toddlers requires Infant & Toddlers training within 8 months of being hired or an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development;
24. Registered Participants of the Jefferson Parish Early Childhood Collaborative;
25. Provide documentation that the learning center is in compliance with all licensing laws, regulations and minimum standards have State Fire Marshal and Office of Public Health clearance and approval;
26. Obtained the Quality Star rating of 4 - 5 stars from the Early Childhood Care and Education Network;
27. Performances Profile must have a score of Proficient or higher from the Early Childhood Care and Education Network;
28. No current deficiencies from State Licensing;
29. Evidence of Child Care Civil Background Checks (CCCBCS) clearance on all staff;
30. Academic approval from the Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE);
31. Required insurance; and
32. Provide a narrative summary describing the history of providing high -quality services, familiar with CLASS standards, understanding of evidence-based curricula, understanding of appropriate requirements to care for infants and toddlers, evidence of providing professional development to staff; and
All proposals must include proof of sexual abuse and molestation coverage and professional liability insurance with combined single limits of one million ($1,000,000.00) dollars for the entire contract period, January 1, 2022 through March 1, 2024. Consultants, consultants’ staff, and all students approved by the Program to provide services are subject to satisfactory child care civil criminal background checks; annual tuberculosis (TB) screenings, and satisfactory completions of physical examinations by his or her own medical doctor once every three years, the results of which will be provided to and retained by the Program.
The following evaluation criteria, listed in order of importance, are used to evaluate each firm submitting a Statement of Qualifications:
(A) Professional training and experience - 35 points
(B) Scope of Services – 20 points
(C) Responsiveness to the SOQ – 10 points
(D) Innovative Concepts – 10 points
(E) Financial Profile – 10 points
(F) The nature, quantity, and value of parish work previously performed and presently being performed by the person and/or firm submitting, - 10 points
(G) Past and current professional accomplishments, for which references from clients or former clients and information gathered by inspection of current or recent projects may be considered - 5 points
All firms must submit a Statement of Qualifications (General Professional Services Questionnaire). Please obtain the latest GPS Questionnaire, by calling the Purchasing Department at (504) 364-2678 or (504) 364-2682. Submissions are to be submitted on the e-Procurement site at www.jeffparishbids.net no later than 3:30 PM on November 4, 2021.
These submissions will only be accepted electronically via the Parish’s e-Procurement system, Central Bidding. Central Bidding can be accessed by visiting either www.centralauctionhouse.com or www.jeffparishbids.net. All vendors will be required to register with Central Bidding. Jefferson Parish vendors are able to register for free by accessing the following link: www.centralauctionhouse.com/registration.
No submittals will be accepted after the deadline of 3:30 PM on November 4, 2021.
Affidavits are not required to be submitted with the Statement of Qualifications (GPS Questionnaire) but shall be submitted prior to contract approval.
Disputes/protests relating to the decisions by the evaluation committee or by the Jefferson Parish Council shall be brought before the 24th Judicial Court. (Resolution No. 138354) Parish Wide
ADV.: The New Orleans Advocate: October 20, 2021
Please respond to this Statement of Qualifications per the instructions in the Public Notice.
Responses will only be accepted through this site electronically.