The Parish of Jefferson is hereby soliciting the submittal of a Statement of Qualifications (Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) Questionnaire) from persons or firms interested and qualified to provide professional architectural and engineering services on an as-needed basis for architectural type projects located throughout the Parish. Persons or firms deemed qualified for this work shall be eligible for award of professional architectural and engineering services on an as-needed basis for architectural type projects located throughout the Parish until June 30, 2023.
(RES. NO. 137937) (DEADLINE DATE: AUGUST 18, 2021 @ 3:30 P.M.)
Twenty (20) persons or firms currently on the list for professional architectural and engineering services on an as-needed basis for architectural type projects located throughout the Parish approved by Council Resolution 137291, dated March 31, 2021 should not respond to this advertisement, which is for the sole purpose of creating a Supplemental List of persons or firms that were unable to submit in time to make the first list. General
Specific Scope of Services includes providing design, construction administration and related supplemental services on an as-needed basis for architectural type projects located throughout the Parish as selected by the Parish Council.
Projects may include the following supplemental services: surveying and geotechnical.
The firms submitting a Statement of Qualifications (TEC Questionnaire) must identify all sub-consultant firms which they expect to use to provide professional services, and submit a Statement of Qualifications (TEC Questionnaire) for each sub-consultant firm. (Refer to Jefferson Parish Code Ordinance, Section 2-928).
All services shall be provided on an “as-needed” basis, and there shall be no guarantee as to the amount of work the firm or firms will be given during the term of the contract.
The Council, at its discretion, may choose one or more qualified firms to provide the services. Compensation
Compensation for the required services will be made on an hourly rate basis or a fixed fee basis, or a combination of both, depending on scope and complexity of the work. The Parish reserves the right to determine the method of payment (hourly or fixed) for each individual assignment.
For hourly rate work, the firm shall be compensated by the appropriate Jefferson Parish Department on the basis of their certified and itemized salary costs plus a fee to cover overhead costs and profit in accordance with guidelines established in Attachment “A” to the Standard Professional Services Agreement for Jefferson Parish. A copy of Attachment “A” may be obtained by calling the Jefferson Parish Department of Capital Projects at (504) 736-6833.
For fixed fee work, the fee shall be negotiated with the firm by the appropriate Jefferson Parish Department and shall be mutually agreeable to both parties.
Compensation for supplemental services (surveying and geotechnical), if required, shall be in the form of a “lump sum” for each supplemental service, which shall be mutually agreeable to the Parish and to the Consultant.
All costs associated with this project shall be subject to Jefferson Parish review and approval.
A maximum yearly cap established by Jefferson Parish based on anticipated needs for these services shall be $500,000.00, and the established cap shall not be increased without Council approval. Minimum Requirements for Selection
1. The persons or firms under consideration shall have at least one (1) principal who is a licensed, registered architect or a professional engineer in the State of Louisiana (Section C. of TEC Professional Services Questionnaire);
2. The persons or firms under consideration shall have a professional in charge of the Project who is a licensed, registered architect in the State of Louisiana with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience (Section K. “PROFESSIONAL IN CHARGE OF PROJECT:” of TEC Professional Services Questionnaire);
3. The persons or firms under consideration shall have one (1) employee who is a licensed, registered architect or professional engineer in the State of Louisiana in the applicable discipline involved. A subcontractor may meet this requirement only if the advertised Project involves more than one discipline (Section D. of TEC Professional Services Questionnaire). Evaluation Criteria
The following criteria will be used to evaluate each firm submitting a Statement of Qualifications:
1. Professional training and experience in relation to the type of work required for the architectural or engineering services. (Maximum points awarded shall be 35).
2. Size of firm considering the number of professional and support personnel required to perform the type of architectural or engineering tasks, including project evaluation, project design, drafting of technical plans, development of technical specifications and construction administration. (Maximum points awarded shall be 20).
3. Capacity for timely completion of newly assigned work, considering the factors of type of architectural or engineering task, current unfinished workload, and person or firm’s available professional and support personnel. (Maximum points awarded shall be 20).
4. Past Performance by person or firm on projects of or similar comparable size, scope, and scale. Assertions of fault by a person or firm, which shall include time delays, cost over-runs, and or design inadequacies in prior work completed for the Parish shall be evidenced by substantiating documentation provided by the Director of Public Works for the requesting department or the Director of Engineering and received by the Chairman of the Evaluation Committee a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled date of the Technical Evaluation Committee meeting. (Maximum points awarded shall be 10).
5. Location of the principal office where work will be performed. Preference shall be given to persons or firms with a principal business office at which the work will be performed as follows: (1) Jefferson Parish, including municipalities located within Jefferson Parish (15 points); (2) Neighboring Parishes of the Greater New Orleans Metropolitan Region, which includes Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles and St. Tammany Parishes (12 Points); (3) Parishes other than the foregoing (10 Points); (4) Outside the State of Louisiana (6 Points). (Maximum points awarded shall be 15).
6. Adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the person or firm performing professional services, in which the Parish prevailed or any ongoing adversarial legal procedures between the Parish and the person or firm performing professional services, excluding those instances or cases where the person or firm was added as an indispensable party, or where the person or firm participated in or assisted the public entity in prosecution of its claim. In the event that the person or firm fails to provide accurate and detailed information regarding legal proceedings with the Parish, including the absence of legal proceedings, the person or firm shall be deemed unresponsive with regard to this category, and zero (0) points shall be awarded. (Maximum points awarded shall be 15 for the lack of any such adversarial proceedings as defined).
7. Prior successful completion of projects of the type and nature of the architectural or engineering services, as defined, for which firm has provided verifiable references. (Maximum points awarded shall be 15).
Only those persons or firms receiving an overall cumulative score of at least seventy percent (70%) or greater, of the total possible points for all categories to be assigned by the participating Technical Evaluation Committee members shall be deemed qualified to perform architectural or engineering tasks.
Submissions are to be submitted on the eProcurement site at www.jeffparishbids.net.
These submissions will only be accepted electronically via the Parish’s e-Procurement system, Central Bidding. Central Bidding can be accessed by visiting either www.centralauctionhouse.com or www.jeffparishbids.net. All vendors will be required to register with Central Bidding. Jefferson Parish vendors are able to register for free by accessing the following link: www.centralauctionhouse.com/registration.php.
No submittals will be accepted after the deadline.
Affidavits are not required to be submitted with the Statement of Qualifications (TEC Questionnaire) but shall be submitted prior to contract approval.
Disputes/protests relating to the decisions by the evaluation committee or by the Jefferson Parish Council shall be brought before the 24th Judicial Court.
(Resolution No. 137937)
ADV: The New Orleans Advocate: August 4, 2021
Please respond to this Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) per the instructions in the Public
Notice. All responses MUST be submitted electronically through this site.