AdvertisementRequest for InformationSt. Bernard Parish Government
INVITATION: St. Bernard Parish (Parish) is considering entering into one or more innovative delivery contracts to support the funding and implementation of a comprehensive program to improve its infrastructure. Submittals will be received at St. Bernard Parish Government, Department of Public Works, 1125 East St. Bernard Highway, Chalmette, Louisiana 70043 no later than 10:00 a.m., on Tuesday, June 7, 2022.
To be considered for evaluation, the Respondent shall adhere to the Parish's RFI specific instructions provided in the package. This solicitation may or may not be part of a multi-step procurement process that has not been fully defined at this time.
The Parish is contemplating entertaining the potential for the Private Sector to assess the current Water and Sewer Systems utilities, Drainage utilities and financial health via a long-term concession or purchase or a combination of both. Currently, there is a desire to ensure the Parish has the financial resources to address future capital needs Parish-wide.
This RFI seeks responses from local and national private sector service providers that offer innovative solutions for funding and implementing an affordable and sustainable asset management program for the Parish infrastructure. Responses to this RFI may be used by the Parish to formulate an implementation program that will commence in 2022 or 2023. PROCEDURES AND CRITERIA FOR SUBMITTAL, EVALUATION AND SELECTION STEP 1 VERIFICATION OF ADMINISTRATIVELY COMPLETE SUBMITTALS
The Parish will verify that the Respondent has complied with the provisions of this RFI, completed the RFIR in the required format, and submitted all required attachments and documents, including a completed Attachment A, Invitation for Submittal Submission Form and Attachment B, Respondent's Affidavit and all other required documents specified in the RFI must be completed and signed. The following will be cause to disqualify the submittal administratively:
- RFIR is not signed by an individual empowered to bind the Respondent;
- Respondent fails to complete Forms;
- Respondent fails to timely submit the completed RFIR documents to Parish;
- Respondent fails to acknowledge receipt of Addenda; and
STEP 2 REVIEW OF RFIR AND SUBMITTAL PACKAGE
The Parish will review the RFIR submittal package and determine, in its sole discretion, the prudent steps forward. The Parish may select a respondent for discussions and negotiation, or it may issue a subsequent RFP.
The following criteria will be used in evaluating the Respondent's RFIR.
- A maximum of twenty-five (25) pages total is allowed for the RFIR response.
Each page of the RFIR Package must identify:
Comprehensive Infrastructure Improvement Program in the header or footer as well as the name of the respondent.
- RFIR must identify the Respondent as the lead offeror and identify any proposed subcontractors or consultants that will be included on the project team.
- Include a one-page transmittal Letter of Interest (LOI) notifying the Parish of the Respondent's intent to be considered for this project.
- LOI, Attachment A and Attachment B (which must be completed and submitted in the RFIR Package), shall not count toward the maximum page limit requirement.
- Include one-sided pages that are legible, with appropriate font size, margins, and line spacing.
- An 11x 17-page counts as a single page and can only be used to demonstrate a project organization chart, management work-flow or schedule. The majority of the RFIR shall be 8.5 x 11 pages.
- Experience and Qualifications
1. Describe a brief history of the Respondent lead company/firm and provide any background information that may be relevant to the Parish's needs on this project.
2. Provide information on relevant project experience with other projects that could be considered as comprehensive infrastructure improvement implementation models for this procurement.
3. Provide an overview of project team structure and anticipated roles.
4. Provide financial information to demonstrate that the team can provide equity and secure cost efficient financing to fund the infrastructure projects
5. Provide information to assure that the team has the legal expertise to work with the Parish to structure leases, operating contracts, construction contracts and procurement procedures that meet state and local requirements
- Project Approach
- Describe a scope of work where the selected team will work with Parish representatives to design a program to allow the Parish to leverage private sector expertise to plan, engineer, finance, construct and operate power, drainage, water, and wastewater infrastructure improvements.
- Describe how the selected team will identify the most critical projects and implement a sustainable long-term asset management program.
- Describe how the team will work with the Parish to accelerate the delivery of work in timeframes quicker than the typical design-bid-build approach.
- Describe an ideal procurement approach that would allow the Parish to best take advantage of the selected team's capabilities while protecting the Parish's interests.
- Describe how the selected team will secure funding for the project that will minimize rate impact.
- Describe the best model for compensation of the offeror. Why is the recommended model the best? How does the recommended model balance the needs of the offeror and the Parish?
- How will the Parish ensure that value for money is received? What is the best way for the Parish to monitor offeror's performance? What remedies should be available to the Parish to address performance deficiencies? How would the Parish retain and exercise step-in rights?
- Describe the term length that would allow the best economic proposal and why the offeror feels that the proposed term would be in the best interest of the Parish. What would be the best model to address cost escalation over time? How will capital expenditures be compensated and paid for?
- Describe what risks is the offeror prepared to accept? How will the risks be shared? What risks will remain with the Parish? What guarantees should be required for on-time project delivery? How should this be enforced?
- What information or data would be required for the offeror to provide the best economic proposal to the Parish? Please provide any additional information that the offeror believe would be useful to the Parish
The Request for Information Package does not commit the Parish to award a contract, to pay any costs incurred in the preparation/development, submitting, presenting the submittal or to procure or contract for the articles of goods and services. The Parish reserves the right to accept or reject any or all submittals received as a result of the Request for Information, to negotiate with all qualified Respondents, or to cancel in part or its entirety the Request for Information, if it is in the best interests of the Parish to do so. REQUEST FOR INFORMATION PACKAGE
: Request for Information package may be secured at www.centralauctionhouse.com
or from the St. Bernard Parish Government, Department of Public Works, 1125 East St. Bernard Highway, Chalmette, Louisiana 70043 firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those respondents that have obtained the official Request for Information package from www.centralauctionhouse.com
or the above address will be considered. SUBMITTAL:
In order for your submittal to be considered, submittal (one original, two electronic copies and ten paper copies) must be received at the St. Bernard Parish Government, Department of Public Works, 1125 East St. Bernard Highway, Chalmette, Louisiana 70043 Complex, Office or submitted at www.centralauctionhouse.com
, no later than 10:00 a.m., on Tuesday June 7, 2022.
The envelope or package shall be marked "Sealed Submittal - St. Bernard Parish Comprehensive Infrastructure Improvement Program: RFI Response "
Packages delivered to any other St. Bernard Parish Government location or other room number prior to the receipt deadline will not be considered. No matter which method of delivery a Respondent chooses (United States mail, courier, hand delivery, or other) to submit their RFIR, it is the Respondent's responsibility to ensure that the RFIR is actually received and time-stamped by the deadline specified above. QUESTIONS:
Questions concerning the request for information package must be submitted in writing to the St. Bernard Parish Government, Department of Finance, 8201 W. Judge Perez Dr., Chalmette, LA 70043, Attention: Kellson Jeffery, Director of Finance, email@example.com
504-278-4255 and the St. Bernard Parish Government, Department of Public Works, 1125 East St. Bernard Highway, Chalmette, Louisiana 70043, Attention : Teri Doskey, Executive Assistant/Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
504-278-4314. Respondents are cautioned that any statements made by the contact person that materially change any portion of the Request for Information shall not be relied upon unless subsequently ratified by a formal written addendum to the Request for Information.
St. Bernard Parish Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Bernard Parish Government also encourages all small and minority-owned firms and women’s business enterprises to apply. /s/Hillary J. Nunez, Jr.
Hillary J. Nunez, Jr.
Department of Public Works
St. Bernard Parish Government