Notice is hereby given that sealed or electronic bid proposals will be received by the City of Columbus, Mississippi for the purpose of purchasing (1) BASE STATION – SINGLE BAND 700/800 MHZ P25, PHASE II, DIGITAL INSTALLED AT E911 CENTER FOR FIRE DEPARTMENT INSTALLATION AND PROGRAMMING; five (5) BASE STATION (must be P-25 compliant); (23) MOBILE RADIOS (must be P-25 compliant).
Bid proposals (no prices) will be accepted until 11:00 a.m. on MONDAY, JANUARY 25, 2021.
Bid specifications and procedures may be obtained by contacting PAT MITCHELL, Deputy Clerk, 523 Main Street, Columbus, MS 39701, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Bid proposals may be submitted by sealed envelope at the City of Columbus, City Hall, 2nd Floor, or by electronic submission at www.centralbidding.com .
All sealed bid proposals must be on file with the City of Columbus Deputy Clerk prior to or by the acceptance date and time as stated above. Said bid proposals must be sealed and clearly marked on the outside of the envelope as indicated: MOBILE AND PORTABLE RADIO EQUIPMENT AND CONSOLE INTERFACE SERVICES/BID PROPOSAL DATE: MONDAY, JANUARY 25, 2021. Submissions not properly marked and submitted at the risk of the prospective bidder and the City assumes no responsibility for the premature opening of same by any City employee. Bid proposals sent through the U.S. Mail or delivered in person are done so at the risk of the prospective bidder and should be addressed and/or delivered to the City of Columbus Deputy Clerk. The City is not responsible for submissions that are delivered in person or arrive in the mail after the designated opening hour.
All electronic bid specifications and procedures may be obtained electronically at www.centralbidding.com . For questions relating to electronic downloads, please call Central Bidding at (225) 810-4814.
Bid proposals will be evaluated and vendors submitting acceptable proposals will be notified no later than 10:00 a.m., JANUARY 26, 2021 to participate in Reverse Auction. Final bidding will be held by electronic reverse auction on THURSDAY, JANUARY 28, 2021 at www.centralbidding.com beginning at 10:00 a.m. and ending at 10:30 a.m. (unless extended by anti-sniping). The bid will be awarded to the company with the overall lowest and best total cost.
Electronic bids and/or reverse auction bids may be submitted at www.centralbidding.com. For any questions related to the electronic bidding process, please call Central bidding at (225) 810-4814. Bids may be submitted on the 2ndFloor of City Hall on Thursday, January 28, 2021, beginning at 10:00 a.m. and ending at 10:30 a.m. (unless extended by anti-sniping) and will be included in the “live” reverse auction. However, anyone wishing to submit bids in that manner will need to register with Central bidding prior to said date. After careful review and consideration, the City of Columbus Council Members will officially award the bid at the next regularly scheduled Council Meeting on February 2, 2021.
If the agency is closed for any unforeseen reason which prevents the acceptance and/or opening of sealed or electronic bids, or prevents the live reverse auction at the advertised date and time, all bids shall be publicly opened and read aloud on the next business day that the agency shall be open and at the previously advertised time. All reverse auctions shall begin on the next business day that the agency shall be open and at the previously advertised time. The agency shall not be held responsible for the receipt of any bids for which the delivery was attempted and failed due to the unforeseen closure of the agency. Each vendor/contractor shall be required to ensure the delivery and receipt of its sealed and/or electronic bid by the agency prior to the new date and time of the bid opening.
The City expressly reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids, or any part of any and all bids based on a lowest and best bid determination in the best interest of the City. The City reserves the right to waive informalities.
The City reserves the right to utilize “anti-sniping” for reverse auctions. Anti-sniping is a tool that automatically extends the bid time for reverse auctions by five (5) minutes if a vendor places a bid in the final five (5) minutes of the reverse auction. The anti-sniping effect will automatically extend the reverse auction bid time any time a bid is placed in the last five (5) minutes of the reverse auction and can auto extend the reverse auction multiple times until the bidding on the reverse auction ends.
Publish two (2) times:
December 31, 2020 & January 7, 2021
|REVERSE AUCTION BIDDING:
• The real-time bidding interface will appear below at the start date and time set by the owner. If you are viewing this page before the set start time of the reverse auction, you may need to refresh the page in your web browser in order to see the real-time bidding interface below.
• The Central Bidding time listed for this Reverse Auction is the official time for the placement of bids. All bidders acknowledge that this Reverse Auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware, software, internal and external network speeds, as well as other variables that are outside of the control of Central Bidding. Central Bidding does not suggest waiting until the final seconds to place your Reverse Auction Bid. Vendors are solely responsible for the placement of timely bids.
• If you are viewing a Multi-Line Item Reverse Auction and you do not see the next item for bid once the time for that item expires, you may need to refresh/reload your page. You can do so by clicking the "Refresh" or "Reload" button which is normally located near the Home, Forward, and Back buttons in your web browser (depending on which web browser you are currently using).
• For questions regarding automatic extensions of the Reverse Auction time and other Reverse Auction technical information, please refer to the Anti-Bid Sniping section on the Reverse Auction FAQ page.
• When entering a bid amount, you may ONLY enter numbers (and one decimal point if necessary).
• DO NOT ENTER A DOLLAR SIGN OR COMMA WITH YOUR BID AMOUNT.