The Jefferson Parish Department of Juvenile Services is hereby soliciting Statements of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) Professional Services Questionnaire,) from individuals or firms interested in providing a coordination study to develop a site electrical model in SKM or ETAP and perform a protective coordination study including protective devise plots (time-current curves) for the campus site of Juvenile Services located at 1546 Gretna Blvd., Harvey, LA.
(Resolution No. 138000) (Deadline Date: August 24, 2021 at 3:30 P.M.) General
The general scope of this project is to develop a site electrical model in SKM or ETAP and perform a protective coordination study including protective device plots (time-current curves) with recommendations associated with:
(1) 750kW 480V Backup Generator
(1) 480V Utility Feed from Gretna Blvd.
(1) 208V Utility Feed from Manhattan Blvd.
(1) 480 V Switchgear
(1) 480V Transfer Switch, and multiple 480V & low-voltage distribution panels
Firms will travel to the site to verify the electrical system layout and attain equipment information that is needed for the analysis, will develop a model for the site based on the information attained from the Jefferson Parish Juvenile Services personnel and the field visits to perform an electrical analysis for the facility to include contacting the utility provider to attain the appropriate electrical minimum, and maximum fault current information, develop the software model of the facility, develop phase and ground time-current curves (TCC) for the facility, provide a report to determine if adequate clearance time exist between different devices along with recommendations to improve the selectivity of the system, and provide the necessary project management services in support of the project.
Firms will provide a report for facility model and protective device plots to include methodology, summary of findings, model one-lines, phase and ground TCC’s for the facility, protective device recommended settings, and backup information.
Firms submitting a Statement of Qualifications (TEC Questionnaire) must identify all sub-consultant firms which they expect to use to provide professional services, and submit a Statement of Qualifications (TEC Questionnaire) for each sub-consultant firm. (Refer to Jefferson Parish Code Ordinance, Section 2-928). Compensation
The fee shall be negotiated with the firm by the appropriate Jefferson Parish Department and shall be mutually agreeable to both parties.
All costs associated with this project shall be subject to Jefferson Parish review and approval. Minimum Requirements for Selection
1. The individuals or firms under consideration shall have at least one (1) principal who is a licensed, registered professional engineer in the State of Louisiana (Section C. of TEC Professional Services Questionnaire);
2. The individuals or firms under consideration shall have a professional in charge of the Project who is a licensed, registered professional engineer in the State of Louisiana with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience (Section K. “PROFESSIONAL IN CHARGE OF PROJECT:” of TEC Professional Services Questionnaire);
3. The individuals or firms under consideration shall have one (1) employee who is a licensed, registered professional engineer in the State of Louisiana in the applicable discipline involved. A subcontractor may meet this requirement only if the advertised Project involves more than one discipline (Section D. of TEC Professional Services Questionnaire). Evaluation Criteria:
The following criteria, listed in order of importance, will be used to evaluate each firm submitting a Statement of Qualification:
1) Professional training and experience in relation to the type of work required for the routine engineering services - 35 points;
2) Capacity for timely completion of newly assigned work, considering the factors of type of routine engineering task, current unfinished workload, and individual or firm’s available professional and support personnel - 20 points;
3) Location of the principal office where work will be performed - 15 points (Preference shall be given to individuals or firms with a principal business office at which the work will be performed as follows: (A) Jefferson Parish, including municipalities located within Jefferson Parish (15 Points); (B) Neighboring Parishes of the Greater New Orleans Metropolitan Region, which includes Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles and St. Tammany Parishes (12 Points); (C) Parishes other than the foregoing (10 Points); (D) Outside the State of Louisiana (6 Points).);
4) Adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the individual or firm performing professional services, in which the Parish prevailed, or any ongoing adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the individual or firm performing professional services, excluding those instances or cases where the individual or firm was added as an indispensable party, or where the individual or firm participated in or assisted the public entity in prosecution of its claim - 15 points (In the event that the individual or firm fails to provide accurate and detailed information regarding legal proceedings with the Parish, including the absence of legal proceedings, the individual or firm shall be deemed unresponsive with regard to this category, and zero (0) points shall be awarded.);
5) Prior successful completion of projects of the type and nature of routine engineering services, as defined, for which firm has provided verifiable references - 15 points;
6) Size of firm, considering the number of professional and support personnel required to perform the type of routine engineering tasks, including project evaluation, project design, drafting of technical plans, development of technical specifications and construction administration – 10 points;
7) Past Performance by individual or firm on Parish contracts - 10 points (Assertions of fault by an individual or firm, which shall include time delays, cost over-runs, and or design inadequacies in prior work completed for the Parish shall be evidenced by substantiating documentation provided by the Director of Public Works for the requesting department or the Director of Engineering and received by the Chairman of the Evaluation Committee a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled date of the Technical Evaluation Committee Meeting).
Only those individuals or firms receiving an overall cumulative score of at least seventy percent (70%) or greater, of the total possible points for all categories to be assigned by the participating Technical Evaluation Committee members shall be deemed qualified to perform architectural or engineering tasks.
All firms must submit a Statement of Qualifications (TEC Questionnaire). Please obtain the latest TEC Questionnaire, by calling the Purchasing Department at (504) 364-2678 or (504) 364-2682.
Submissions are to be submitted on the e-Procurement site at www.jeffparishbids.net no later than 3:30 PM on August 24, 2021.
These submissions will only be accepted electronically via the Parish’s e-Procurement system, Central Bidding. Central Bidding can be accessed by visiting either www.centralauctionhouse.com/SignUp or www.jeffparishbids.net. All vendors will be required to register with Central Bidding. Jefferson Parish vendors are able to register for free by accessing the following link: www.centralauctionhouse.com/registration.php.
No submittals will be accepted after the deadline of:
3:30 PM on August 24, 2021.
Affidavits are not required to be submitted with the Statement of Qualifications (TEC Questionnaire) but shall be submitted prior to contract approval.
Disputes/protests relating to the decisions by the evaluation committee or by the Jefferson Parish Council shall be brought before the 24th Judicial Court.
(Resolution No. 138000)
ADV.: The New Orleans Advocate: August 4, 2021.
Please respond to this Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) per the instructions in the Public
Notice. All responses MUST be submitted electronically through this site.