PUBLIC NOTICESOQ 22-030 Professional Electrical Engineering Services
The Parish of Jefferson, authorized by Resolution No. 139631
, is hereby soliciting a Statement of Qualifications from persons or firms interested in providing professional electrical engineering services for miscellaneous street lighting projects and other electrical related work throughout Jefferson Parish for the Department of Public Works on an as-needed basis for a period of two (2) years with maximum allowable fees of $500,000.00 per year. (Parish-Wide) DEADLINE FOR SUBSMISSIONS: 3:30 p.m., July 15, 2022 General
The firms submitting a Statement of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) Questionnaire) must identify all sub-consultant firms which they expect to use to provide professional services, and submit a Statement of Qualifications (Jefferson Parish TEC Questionnaire) for each sub-consultant firm. (Refer to Jefferson Parish Code Ordinance, Section 2-928).
With regard to the questionnaire, Principal
means the sole proprietor of the firm, or one who shares an ownership interest with other persons in the firm, including but not limited to, a partner in a partnership, a shareholder in a corporation, or a member of a limited liability corporation. Compensation
The cost of these electrical engineering services for miscellaneous street lighting projects will be negotiated by the Jefferson Parish Department of Engineering. As determined by the Engineering Department, services will be paid for on a lump sum fee basis or on the basis of the person or firm’s certified and itemized salary costs plus a fee to cover overhead cost and profit in accordance with guidelines established in Attachment “A” to the Standard Professional Services Agreement for Jefferson Parish. Copy of Attachment “A” may be obtained by calling the Jefferson Parish Engineering Department at (504) 736-6505. Minimum Requirements for Selection
- one principal who is a professional engineer who shall be registered as such in Louisiana
- a professional in charge of the project who is a professional electrical engineer who shall be registered as such in Louisiana with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the disciplines involved
- one employee who is a professional engineer registered as such in Louisiana in the field or fields of expertise required for the project (A sub-consultant may meet the requirement only if the advertised project involves more than one discipline.)
The following criteria will be used to evaluate the statement of qualifications for the firms submitting:
1) Professional training and experience in relation to the type of work required for electrical engineering services - 35 points.
2) Capacity for timely completion of newly assigned work, considering the factors of current unfinished workload, and person or firm’s available professional and support personnel - 20 points.
3) Location of the principal office - 15 points (Preference shall be given to persons or firms as follows: (A) Jefferson Parish, including municipalities located within Jefferson Parish (15 Points); (B) Neighboring Parishes of the Greater New Orleans Metropolitan Region, which includes Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles and St. Tammany Parishes (12 Points); (C) Parishes other than the foregoing (10 Points); (D) Outside the State of Louisiana (6 Points)).
4) Adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the person or firm performing professional services, in which the Parish prevailed or any ongoing adversarial legal proceedings between the Parish and the person or firm performing professional services, excluding those instances or cases where the person or firm was added as an indispensable party, or where the person or firm participated in or assisted the public entity in prosecution of its claim - 15 points (In the event that the person or firm fails to provide accurate and detailed information regarding legal proceedings with the Parish, including the absence of legal proceedings, the person or firm shall be deemed unresponsive with regard to this category, and zero (0) points shall be awarded
5) Prior successful completion of projects requiring electrical engineering services for which firm has provided verifiable references - 15 points.
6) Size of firm, considering the number of professional and support personnel required to perform electrical engineering tasks, including project evaluation, project design, drafting of technical plans, development of technical specifications, and construction administration.– 10 points.
7) Past Performance by person or firm on Parish contracts - 10 points (Assertions of fault by a person or firm, which shall include time delays, cost over-runs, and or design inadequacies in prior work completed for the Parish shall be evidenced by substantiating documentation provided by the Director of Public Works for the requesting department or the Director of Engineering and received by the Chairman of the Evaluation Committee a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled date of the Technical Evaluation Committee Meeting.).
The maximum cumulative fee that can be charged for all work on this contract shall not exceed $500,000 per year unless increased by contract amendment approved by the Jefferson Parish Council.
Each firm’s lowest and highest score shall be dropped and not count towards the firm’s score. Only those persons or firms receiving an overall cumulative score of at least seventy (70) percent or greater, of the total possible points for all categories to be assigned by the participating technical evaluation committee members shall be deemed qualified to perform electrical engineering services tasks.
All firms (including sub-consultants) must submit a Statement of Qualifications (TEC Questionnaire) by the deadline. Please obtain the latest TEC Questionnaire, by contacting the Purchasing Department by telephone at (504) 364-2678 or via the Jefferson Parish website at www.jeffparish.net
Submissions will only be accepted electronically via the Parish’s e-Procurement system, Central Bidding. Central Bidding can be accessed by visiting either www.centralauctionhouse.com
. Registration is required and free for Jefferson Parish vendors by accessing the following link: www.centralauctionhouse.com/registration.php
No submittals will be accepted after the deadline.
Affidavits are not required with submission but will be required prior to contract approval.
Disputes/protests relating to the decisions by the evaluation committee or by the Jefferson Parish Council shall be brought before the 24th
Judicial Court. ADV: The New Orleans Advocate: June 15, 2022