REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
The Parish of Ascension hereby issues a Request for Proposal (RFP) for Household Hazardous Materials Collection Services. Request for proposals will be received by Ascension Parish Purchasing Department, 615 East Worthey Road, Gonzales, Louisiana 70737 (P.O. Box 2392, Gonzales, Louisiana 70707) until February 12, 2019, at 04:00 p.m. (CST) for the following:
Household Hazardous Materials Collection
1. To collect all materials donated by Ascension Parish residents.
a). Materials to be collected at the 2019 event: Automobile tires, car and golf cart batteries, electronic equipment, fluorescent bulbs, gasoline, oil, antifreeze, home and garden chemicals, household batteries, ink and toner cartridges, latex and oil based paints, solvents, varnishes, scrap metal, rechargeable batteries, propane tanks.
2. To dispose of all materials in an environmentally responsible method, with close attention to compliance of all state and parish rules and regulations.
3. To work closely with Ascension Parish officials to make the HHMD a successful event.
4. To provide transportation and disposal of materials collected
5. To provide the necessary equipment and tools for collection and transportation of materials collected, except for any items that may be provided by Ascension Parish partners
6. To provide assistance for site setup and layout
7. To assist in volunteer and staff training
8. To provide qualified staff trained in waste handling and with experience in this type of event.
9. To provide an emergency contingency plan for this event.
10. To provide a spill prevention plan to be used in case of an emergency spill
Contractor will provide the following upon completion of the HHMD event:
1. A full report and accounting of all materials collected
2. Official record of disposal for all materials collected
3. An invoice with detailed information on specific expenses incurred for collection of materials and disposal,
incurred for collection of materials and disposal.
Six (6) copies of proposal required. Specifications/bidding documents may be obtained at the Ascension Parish Government, Purchasing Department located at 615 E. Worthey Street, Gonzales, Louisiana 70737. Electronic Bids are accepted at Central Bidding http://www.centralauctionhouse.com. For questions related to the electronic bidding process, please call Central Bidding at (225) 810-4814. All addenda, corrections, and responses to this public notice shall be posted to http://www.centralauctionhouse.com.
The Parish of Ascension reserves the right to disqualify any Bid , response to a Request for Qualifications, or Request for Proposals if it is determined that the submitting business entity is not in good standing with the Louisiana Secretary of State or is not authorized to do business in the State of Louisiana.
ASCENSION PARISH GOVERNMENT
KENNY MATASSA, PARISH PRESIDENT