NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Notice is hereby given that the City of Forest, Mississippi, will accept un-priced bid proposals through Central Bidding at www.centralauctionhouse.com or at the office of the City Clerk, 120 South Davis Street, P.O. Box 298, Forest, Mississippi 39074 until the hour of 5:00 p.m. Monday, December 7, 2020. Un-priced bid proposals will be approved or rejected shortly thereafter. Reverse auction will begin Friday, December 11, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. The City of Forest will also accept sealed bids until the hour of 4:30 p.m. December 10, 2020. Awards will be made to the lowest, best and most responsive and responsible bidder at the next scheduled board meeting. The City reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
The City of Forest is acting under the authority of Section 31-7-13, Miss. Code of 1972 amended, and reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
A list of items and bid proposal forms may be obtained Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the City Clerk’s office at City Hall, 120 South Davis Street, P.O. Box 298, Forest, MS 39074 phone 601-469-2921 or for a fee, from Central Bidding at www.centralauctionhouse.com.
All proposals must be un-priced.
If submitting sealed bids, all bids must be sealed and outside envelope must be clearly marked with the item number being bid. Sealed bids will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. December 10, 2020 and will be opened upon completion of reverse auction.
BIDDERS MUST SUBMIT THEIR BID ON THE FORMS THAT ARE PROVIDED BY THE CITY. THE BID SHALL BE AWARDED TO THE LOWEST, BEST AND MOST RESPONSIVE AND RESPONSIBLE BIDDER. THE CITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS.
All items shall be F.O.B. Forest, Mississippi unless otherwise stated.
Bidders whose prices might be subject to fluctuation during the year of 2021 should so state. Bidders should further state that they will document any price increase. Bidders who are bidding firm prices for a full year should so state. Bidders are advised that unless a major price differential in any bid appears, consideration will be given to the bidder who bids a firm 12-month price for January 1 through December 31, 2021.
Any reference to manufacturer's make or series of materials stated in the following specifications are intended only to establish an acceptable standard and are not intended to limit the bidding.
YEARLY SUPPLY LIST
ITEM 1: (A) Chlorine Gas
(B) Sulfur Dioxide
(C) Sodium Fluoride
(D) Hydrated Lime
ITEM 2: Calcium Chloride
ITEM 3: (A) Aluminum Sulfate
(B) Sodium Aluminate
ITEM 4: Sludge Removal
ITEM 5: Fuel
ITEM 6: Fire Hydrants
ITEM 7: Manholes
ITEM 8: Asphalt
ITEM 9: Aggregate
ITEM 10: Soil Material
ONLY RETURN UN-PRICED PROPOSAL FORMS ON ITEMS YOU WISH TO BID ON, WITH APPROPRIATE DOCUMENTATION AS NEEDED.
THE CITY OF FOREST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS, PLEASE CALL
RAE HARRELL AT 601-469-2921.
REVERSE AUCTION BIDDING:
• The real-time bidding interface will appear below at the start date and time set by the owner. If you are viewing this page before the set start time of the reverse auction, you may need to refresh the page in your web browser in order to see the real-time bidding interface below.
• The Central Bidding time listed for this Reverse Auction is the official time for the placement of bids. All bidders acknowledge that this Reverse Auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware, software, internal and external network speeds, as well as other variables that are outside of the control of Central Bidding. Central Bidding does not suggest waiting until the final seconds to place your Reverse Auction Bid. Vendors are solely responsible for the placement of timely bids.
• If you are viewing a Multi-Line Item Reverse Auction and you do not see the next item for bid once the time for that item expires, you may need to refresh/reload your page. You can do so by clicking the "Refresh" or "Reload" button which is normally located near the Home, Forward, and Back buttons in your web browser (depending on which web browser you are currently using).
• For questions regarding automatic extensions of the Reverse Auction time and other Reverse Auction technical information, please refer to the Anti-Bid Sniping section on the Reverse Auction FAQ page.
• When entering a bid amount, you may ONLY enter numbers (and one decimal point if necessary). You MAY NOT enter a dollar sign or comma with your bid amount.