Notice is hereby given that sealed or electronic bids for General Construction of the Jackson County Animal Shelter will be received by the Board of Supervisors of Jackson County, Mississippi until 12:00 PM on August 20, 2018, and said bids are to be opened at 1:00 PM and read aloud in the Board of Supervisors’ Meeting Room located in the Jackson County Services Building, 2915 Canty Street, Pascagoula, MS 39567.
Contractors have the option of submitting their bids sealed in an envelope or electronically through www.centralbidding.com. Please see below for additional details.
For Sealed Envelope Bids:
- Envelopes containing the bids must be sealed, addressed to “The Clerk of the Board of Jackson County” and designated as bids for the following item described, to wit: “Jackson County Animal Shelter”
- If any envelope is not so marked, any bid contained therein will not be considered.
- All paper bids shall be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to “The Clerk of the Board of Jackson County.” If a bid is submitted by mail, the post office address of the Chancery Clerk is P.O. Box 998, Pascagoula, MS 39568-0998. Bids may be delivered to Josh Eldridge, Chancery Clerk, c/o Land Records Department, 2915 Canty Street, Suite R, Pascagoula, MS 39567.
- All bid envelopes should contain the bidder’s name and mailing address, the name of the bid item, and Certificate of Responsibility Number on the face of the sealed envelope.
For Electronic Bids:
- When submitting an electronic bid, the bid must be submitted in “pdf” format and shall contain the same information and forms as required for the paper bids. Electronic bids must be secured with a bid bond. When submitting a bid electronically, the authorized signature shall be an electronic signature or handwritten in blue-ink signature. In the event that an electronically submitted bid has a corrupted attachment, the bid will be considered null and void. When bids are submitted electronically, the requirement for including a certificate of responsibility, or a statement that the bid enclosed does not exceed Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000.00), on the exterior of the bid envelope shall be deemed in compliance by including the same information as an attachment with the electronic bid submittal.
- Official bid documents can be downloaded from Central Bidding at www.centralbidding.com. Electronic bids can be submitted at www.centralbidding.com. For any questions relating to the electronic bidding process, please call Central Bidding at 225-810-4814.
For ALL Bid Types:
- The proposed work provides for the construction of the new Jackson County Animal Shelter. The new construction will include, but not be limited to, structure demolition, selective demolition, site civil utilities, site grading, erosion control, plants, sod, landscape irrigation, asphalt paving, engineered fill, construction of concrete floor slab, construction of a Pre-engineered Metal Building, unit masonry, gypsum wallboard partitions, kennel enclosures and gates, as well as mechanical, electrical & plumbing equipment and installation, as well as other required ancillary items.
- The BID DOCUMENTS, consisting of Information for Bidders, Drawings, Specifications and Addenda, may be examined at the locations listed below.
- Copies of the BID DOCUMENTS may be obtained at the printing company listed below. Express mail is not included and must be arranged in advance with the Printing Company and at the bidder's expense. Only complete sets will be furnished, no partial sets will be issued. Contractors and sub-contractors are responsible for providing complete systems based on the Construction Documents whether indicated in “their section” or elsewhere in the Construction Documents.
- The OWNER reserves the right to waive any informality or to reject any and all bids.
- Each BID must be accompanied by a bid bond, certified check or cashier’s check for an amount equal to five percent (5%) of the total base bid.
- An executed Non-Collusion Affidavit will be required to accompany the bid.
- The successful Bidder will be required to furnish a 100% Performance Bond, a 100% Labor and Payment Bond, guaranteeing faithful performance and the payment of all bills and obligations arising from the performance of the contract.
- All applicable laws, ordinances, and the rules and regulations of all authorities having jurisdiction over construction of the project shall apply to the contract throughout.
- Each BIDDER must complete and submit with Bid, a current valid Certificate of Responsibility by the Mississippi State Board of Contractors and must show Certificate Number on the face of the sealed proposal envelope. Out-of-the-State bidders must have a similar certificate issued by a similar board of another state which recognizes certificates issued by the Mississippi State Board of Contractors prior to submitting the bid.
- Bidders must include with their bid; Standard Questionnaire, Financial Statement and other documents as required by Mississippi Law, or under the terms of the Contract Documents.
- A PRE-BID MEETING is scheduled on August 8, 2018 at 10:00 AM in the Jackson County Services Building, County Supervisors’ Meeting Room, Pascagoula, MS. Attendance is strongly encouraged.
BURK - KLEINPETER - LUNSFORD ENGINEERS/ARCHITECT, PLLC
917 Western America Circle, Suite 101
Mobile, AL 36609