REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS TO
PROVIDE ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES
This is a Request for Qualifications to provide Architectural Services for a Transportation Tech Center funded in part through the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration for the Meridian Community College. The Architect will be responsible for preparing project cost estimates for application preparation.
Interested parties are invited to submit qualifications in accordance with this request to Ms. Pamela Harrison, CFO, Meridian Community College, 910 MS-19 N, Meridian, MS 39307, not later than 2 p.m. on September 28, 2020. Submissions shall be marked on the outside as “Qualifications for Architectural Services/EDA”. Information concerning this request may be obtained by calling Pamela Harrison at (601) 483-8241 or Jenifer Buford at (601) 683-2007.
The contract will be awarded to the responsible offeror whose qualifications are within the competitive range and determined to be the most advantageous to the program, with knowledge, skill, experience, and other factors considered. The factors to be considered in evaluation of qualifications and their relative importance are set forth below.
The Architect shall perform all the necessary Architectural services to properly carry-out the activities in the project, in accordance with State and EDA prescribed rules, regulations, policies, and State and Federal laws. The project includes the following activities.
1. Prepare project cost estimates for application preparation.
2. Prepare plans and specifications for project including all services required for design and Architectural phases of project.
3. Construct and distribute bid packets (insuring that all Federal and State requirements are met in contract preparation).
4. Assist in bid opening and prepare bid tabulation
5. Conduct pre-construction conference with contractor, and staff representatives, documenting files with minutes of meeting.
6. Conduct work in-progress inspections giving periodic reports to the Community College and approving any and all partial payment requests.77
7. Provide all services necessary for execution of the project including consultations, surveys, soil investigations, supervision, travel, “as built” or record drawings, and incidental costs.
8. Provide the recipient, EDA, Comptroller General of U.S. Dept. of Inspector General, or any authorized representatives access to all records of the project.
9. Maintain all records for 3 years after project is closed.
The contract will be on a fixed price basis. Those desiring consideration should submit qualifications by the time and date above stated and must include the following:
1. Qualifications- List of qualifications of each staff person assigned to project. (40 points)
2. Experience- Information regarding the experience of the firm. This information should include types of project activities undertaken. (40 points)
3. Capacity for Performance-Identify the number and title of staff available to be assigned to provide services. (20 points)
All submissions will be rated on the above system to determine the best offeror.
Qualifications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee using the above selection criteria. The Committee will assign points to each criteria based on the content of the submission. Negotiations will be conducted to determine a mutually satisfactory contract with the firm receiving the highest accumulated points, as rated by the Committee. If a mutually satisfactory contract cannot be negotiated with the firm, the firm will be requested to submit a best and final offer in writing; and if a contract cannot be reached after the best and final offer, negotiations will be initiated with the subsequently listed firm in order of rating. This procedure will be continued until a mutually satisfactory contract has been negotiated. In addition to reaching a fair and reasonable price for the required work, the objective of negotiations will be to reach an agreement on the provisions of the proposed contract including scope and extent of work, and other essential requirements.
The Meridian Community College reserves the right to reject any and all submissions. The Meridian Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/H.
Dr. Thomas M. Huebner, President
Please publish the above notice in the legal section of The Meridian Star on September 10, 2020 and September 17, 2020. To run two (2) times.
Please send bill and proof of publication to: Ms. Pamela Harrison, CFO
Meridian Community College
910 MS-19 North
Meridian, MS 39307
Send proof of publication to: Ms. Jenifer Buford, East Central PDD
P. O. Box 499, Newton, MS 39345
If you have any questions or comments, call Jenifer Buford at 601-683-2007.