The Police Jury of Vernon Parish, in Leesville, La, does hereby advertise for sealed bids and will open same on:
1. June 6, 2014.
2. At the Vernon Parish Police Jury Office Building located at 300 South Third Street, Leesville, LA 71446 on or before the hour of 10:00am.
3. Renovations of the Museum of West Louisiana
4. Bids will be opened publically and read aloud; bids received after the specified closing time will not be accepted.
5. All interested parties are welcome to attend the bid opening.
6. Electronic copies of Contract documents, including drawings and technical specifications are on file at the office of Randy M. Goodloe, AIA, 725 Kirby Street, Lake Charles, Louisiana 70601. Complete documents may be obtained from the Architect for a fee of $25.
7. Bids may be submitted online at www.centralbidding.com
8. Preference is given to materials, supplies, and provisions that are produced, manufactured, or grown in Louisiana, quality being equal to articles offered by competitors outside the State.
9. All bids must be accompanied by bid security equal to five percent (5%) of the sum of the base bid and all alternates, and must be in the form of certified check or cashier?s check drawn on a bank insured by the FDIC, or a Bid Bond Form contained in contract documents, written by a surety company licensed to do business in Louisiana with a A.M. Best Rating of ?A? or better, countersigned by a person who is under contract with the surety company or bond insurer as a licensed agent in this state and who is residing in this state, and that it is listed thereon as approved for an amount equal to or greater than the amount for which it obligates itself in this instrument. No Bid Bond indicating an obligation of less than five percent (5%) by any method is acceptable.
10. The Vernon Parish Police Jury reserves the right to reject any or all bids for just cause in accordance with R.S. 38:2212 & 2214
11. A Pre-Bid conference will be held at the site, on May 29, 2014, at 1:00pm.
May 9, 2014
May 16, 2014
May 23, 2014