DOCUMENT 001113 - ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
PART 1 - Advertisement for Bids
- PROJECT INFORMATION
- Notice to Bidders: Qualified bidders may submit bids for project as described in this Document. Submit bids according to the Instructions to Bidders.
- Regulatory Requirements: Louisiana Public Bid Law shall govern submittal, opening, and award of bids.
- Project Identification: Bid No. 2021.696 - Vermilion Parish School Board Renovations.
- Project Location: Various locations in Vermilion Parish. See below for a list of campus':
- Volume 5 – Herod Elementary School
- Volume 6 – J.H. Williams Middle School
- Owner: Vermilion Parish School Board, 220 S Jefferson St, Abbeville, LA 70510.
- Owner's Representative: Kerry Richard, 337-918-1016.
- Architect: ACSW Architects, 115 East Main Street, Lafayette, LA 70501, 337-235-8016.
- Project Description: Project consists of Project consists of The Work of this project consists of renovations to two schools in the Vermilion Parish School District. The Work is described in detail within the Contract Documents. Particularly the drawings are divided into two volumes of information to separate the Work by school campus. A breakdown of the two volumes are as listed.
- Project cost range is anticipated to be between $2.4 Million and $2.6 Million Dollars.
- Construction Contract: Bids will be received for the following Work:
- General Contract (all trades).
- BID SUBMITTAL AND OPENING
- Owner will receive sealed lump sum bids or online at www.centralauctionhouse.com until the bid time and date at the location given below. Owner will consider bids prepared in compliance with the Instructions to Bidders issued by Owner, and delivered as follows:
- Bid Date: October 18, 2021.
- Bid Time: 2:00 p.m., local time.
- Location: Vermilion Parish School Board in the Charles Campbell Curriculum Annex Center, Board Room , 216 S Jefferson St, Abbeville, LA 70510 , .
- Bids will be thereafter publicly opened and read aloud.
- BID SECURITY
- Each bid must be accompanied by a certified check, cashier’s check, or Bid Bond using the Owner’s form payable to the Vermilion Parish School System, the amount of which shall be five percent (5%) of the amount of the proposed Base Bid plus all Alternates. Money Orders will not be accepted.
- PREBID MEETING
- Pre-bid Meeting: A Mandatory Pre-bid meeting for all bidders will be held at the Herod Elementary School located at 120 Odea Street, Abbeville, LA 70510 on October 4, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. local time. The meeting will be held to review general project scopes. Immediately concluding the Pre-Bid meeting attendees will proceed to walk Herod Elementary School until 11 a.m. At 11 a.m. the attendees will proceed to J.H. Williams Middle School located at 1105 Prairie Avenue, Abbeville, LA 70510 to walk that school. Prospective prime bidders are required to attend. After the conclusion of the pre-bid meeting and walks the Contractors are at liberty to schedule future visits with Vermilion Parish School Board.
- Bidders' Questions: Architect will provide responses at Pre-bid conference to bidders' questions received up to two business days prior to conference.
- After meeting at the School Board, the conference will conclude. However, bidders will be allowed to tour other campuses within the time limits allowed by the School Board. Arrangements must be made with the School Board’s facility manager (Kerry Richard noted in 1.1.c above) due to schools currently being in session.
- Complete Bidding Documents for this project are also available in electronic form and may be obtained without charge and without deposit from www.lettermansbidconnect.com . Printed copies are not available from the Project Designer but arrangements can be made to obtain them through most reprographic firms. Plan holders are responsible for their own reproduction costs. Electronic bids may be submitted online at www.centralauctionhouse.com.
- Each bid shall be submitted only on the Bid Form included in the Specifications.
- TIME OF COMPLETION AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
- Successful bidder shall begin the Work on receipt of the Notice to Proceed and shall complete the Work within the Contract Time. Work is subject to liquidated damages.
- BIDDER'S QUALIFICATIONS
- Bids shall be accepted only from contractors who are licensed by the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors for the classification of Building Construction. No bid may be withdrawn for a period of forty-five (45) days after receipt of bids, except under the provisions of La. R.S. 38:2214.
- The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish a Performance and Payment Bond in an amount equal to 100% of the Contract on the forms provided by the School Board and written in accordance with Louisiana law.
- This Advertisement for Bids document is issued by the Vermilion Parish School Board.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- The Owner reserves the right to reject any and all quotations or any portions thereof for just cause. In accordance with LA R.S. 38:2212(B)(1), the provisions and requirements of this Section, those stated in the invitation for bids, and those required on the bid form shall not be considered as informalities and shall not be waived by any public entity.
- The Vermilion Parish School System strongly encourages participation by Qualified Small Business Enterprises, Minority-Owned Business Enterprises, Women-Owned Business Enterprises and Labor Surplus Area Firms. To that end, all contractors and suppliers are encouraged to utilize minority business enterprises in the purchase or sub-contracting of materials, supplies, and services in which minority owned businesses are available.
- The Work described in the Contract Documents will reference several provisions including Executive Order (EO) 11246, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); the Copeland Anti-Kickback Act; Sections 103 and 107 of the Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act; Section 306 of the Clean Air Act; Section 508 of the Clean Water Act; Executive Order 11738 and Environmental Protection Act (EPA) Regulations, 40 CFR 15.
Vermilion Parish School Board
Thomas J. Byler
SEPTEMBER 21, SEPTEMBER 29, AND OCTOBER 3, 2021
END OF DOCUMENT 001113
PRE-BID CONFERENCE WILL BE MONDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2021 AT 10:00 AM. LOCATION:
HEROD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, 120 ODEA STREET, ABBEVILLE, LA 70510