Notice is hereby given that sealed bids will be received electronically at http://www.centralbidding.com and at the City of Abbeville, 101 North State Street, Abbeville, LA 70510, until 10:00 a.m., Friday, March 4, 2022, for:
3-PHASE, 60-HZ, RE-MANUFACTURED TRANSFORMER
(FELICITY DRIVE SUBSTATION)
CITY OF ABBEVILLE, LA
and then and there to be opened and read aloud. Bids received after the above specified time will not be considered.
The Equipment Required Will Consist of Furnishing and Delivering One (1) 3-Phase, Re-Manufactured, 60-Hz Transformer to the Electrical Department, 717 Veterans Memorial Drive, Abbeville, LA 70510.
As evidence of good faith of the bidder, a “Bid Guarantee”, consisting of a firm commitment, such as a certified check or cashier’s check made payable to the City of Abbeville for $200.00 shall accompany each bid as assurance that the bidder will, upon acceptance of his bid, execute such contractual documents as may be required and within the time specified.
No Performance Bond or Payment Bond is required.
Bidding documents (specifications and any published addenda) may be examined and obtained on all business days at the following location during the specified hours:
1. Sellers & Associates, Inc., 148-B Easy Street, Lafayette, LA 70506-3095
Telephone: 337.232.0777 / Fax: 337.232.0851
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 Noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. / Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon
2. City of Abbeville’s on-line bid submittal service.
Bidders may also view and download the specifications and any published addenda at http://www.centralbidding.com. For assistance on how to register on-line or if encountering problems with the web site, contact 225.810.4814 or 866.570.9620. Vendors submitting bids electronically are required to provide the same documents as Vendors submitting through the mail or by hand delivery. Regardless of the bid results, the Bidder will have 48-hours from opening of bids to provide the Owner the original documents. If a certified check or cashier's check is submitted as the bid security, electronic copies of both the front and back of the check shall be included with the electronic bid. If a Contractor fails to provide the original hard copy of these documents within 48-hours of the bid opening, bid shall be considered non-responsive.
3. A $10.00 Deposit on a set of paper documents shall be fully refunded upon return of the paper documents no later than 10-days after receipt of bids. On other sets of documents furnished, the deposit ($10.00) less the actual cost of reproduction ($5.00), shall be refunded upon return of the documents no later than 10-days after receipt of bids.
4. Complete Bid Documents for this project are also available in electronic form and may be obtained without charge and without deposit from Sellers & Associates, Inc. Plan holders are responsible for their own reproduction costs.
5. Plans-Out shall be directed to: email@example.com.
6. Project questions shall be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Bidding documents shall be available until twenty-four (24) hours before the bid opening date (R.S. §38:2212.G.(2)). No bidder may withdraw his bid for at least 45-days after the time scheduled for the opening of bids (R.S. §38:2215.A). Each bid shall be submitted only on the Bid Form provided in the specifications. The Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids for just cause (R.S. §38:2214.B). In accordance with R.S. §38:2212.B.(1), the provisions and requirements of this section and those stated in the bidding documents shall not be waived by any public entity.
By order of the City Council of the City of Abbeville, LA.
ATTEST: s/Mark Piazza s/Kathy Faulk
Publication Dates: Thursday: February 17 and February 24, 2022
Official Journal: Abbeville Meridional