NOTICE OF INVITATION TO BID
Notice is hereby given that sealed or electronic bids will be received by the Board of Supervisors of Sharkey County, Mississippi for the purpose of purchasing ONE (1) OR MORE 2019 OR NEWER TRACTOR TO PULL DUMP TRAILER.
BID SPECIFICATIONS (NO PRICES) WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 5:00 P.M. on Friday, March 1, 2019.
Bid Specifications and Procedures may be obtained by contacting the Sharkey County Purchasing Department at 662-873-2755, located in the Sharkey County Courthouse at 120 Locust Street, Rolling Fork, Mississippi on Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 A.M-12:00 P.M. and 1:00P.M.-5:00 P.M. Bid Specifications may be submitted by Sealed Envelope at the Sharkey County Courthouse or by Electronic Submittal at www.centralbidding.com.
All Sealed Bid Specifications and Procedures must be on file with the Clerk of the Board prior to or by the acceptance date and time as stated above. Specifications and Procedures must be sealed and clearly marked on the outside of the envelope as indicated: ONE (1) OR MORE 2019 OR NEWER TRACTOR TO PULL DUMP TRAILER/BID DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 1, 2019 BY 5:00 P.M. Submissions not so marked are submitted at the risk of the prospective Bidder and the County assumes no responsibility for the premature opening of same by any County employee. Specifications and Procedures sent through the U.S. Mail or delivered in person are done so at the risk of the prospective bidder and should be addressed and/or delivered to the Sharkey County Board of Supervisors, in care of the Chancery Clerk’s Office, P.O. Box 218, Rolling Fork, MS 39159. The County is NOT responsible for submissions that are delivered in person or arrive in the mail after the designated opening time.
All Electronic Bid Specifications and Procedures may be obtained and submitted electronically at www.centralbidding.com. For questions relating to electronic downloads and submittals and/or the bidding process, please call Central Bidding at 225-810-4814. Bid Specifications and Procedures will be evaluated and vendors submitting acceptable Specifications and Procedures will be invited by email (no later than Friday March 8, 2019) to submit PRICED BIDS.
FINAL BIDDING WILL BE HELD BY ELECTRONIC REVERSE AUCTION ON TUESDAY, MARCH 19TH,2019, AT www.centralbidding.com BEGINNING AT 10:00 A.M. AND ENDING AT 10:30 A.M. (CST).
ELECTRONIC BIDS and/or REVERSE AUCTION bids may be submitted at www.centralbidding.com. For any questions related to the electronic bidding process, please call Central Bidding at 225-810-4814. SEALED BIDS may be submitted in the Board Room at the Sharkey County Courthouse, Rolling Fork, MS on Tuesday, March 19, 2019 between the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 10:30 A.M. and will be included in the “live” reverse auction. After careful consideration the Sharkey County Board of Supervisors will officially award the bid at the next scheduled Board meeting on Monday, APRIL 1, 2019.
If the agency is closed for any unforeseen reason, which closure prevents the acceptance, opening of Sealed or Electronic bids, or the live Reverse Auction at the advertised date and time, all bids shall be publicly opened and read aloud on the next business day that the agency shall be open and at the previously advertised time. All reverse auctions shall begin on the next business day that the agency shall be open and at the previously advertised time. The agency shall not be held responsible for the receipt of any bids for which the delivery was attempted and failed due to the closure of the agency as a result of a Force Majeure Event. Each vendor/contractor shall be required to ensure the delivery and receipt of its sealed and/or electronic bid by the agency prior to the new date and time of bid opening.
The Board expressly reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids, or any part of any or all bids based on a lowest and best bid determination in the best interest of the County. The Board reserves the right to waive informalities.
The County reserves the right to utilize “anti-sniping” for reverse auctions. Anti-sniping is a tool that automatically extends the bid time for reverse auction by five (5) minutes if a vendor places a bid in the final five (5) minutes of the reverse auction. The anti-sniping effect will auto extend the reverse auction bid time any time a bid is placed in the last five (5) minutes of the reverse auction and can auto extend the reverse auction multiple times until the bidding on the reverse auction ends.
|REVERSE AUCTION BIDDING:
• The real-time bidding interface will appear below at the start date and time set by the owner. If you are viewing this page before the set start time of the reverse auction, you may need to refresh the page in your web browser in order to see the real-time bidding interface below.
• The Central Bidding time listed for this Reverse Auction is the official time for the placement of bids. All bidders acknowledge that this Reverse Auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware, software, internal and external network speeds, as well as other variables that are outside of the control of Central Bidding. Central Bidding does not suggest waiting until the final seconds to place your Reverse Auction Bid. Vendors are solely responsible for the placement of timely bids.
• If you are viewing a Multi-Line Item Reverse Auction and you do not see the next item for bid once the time for that item expires, you may need to refresh/reload your page. You can do so by clicking the "Refresh" or "Reload" button which is normally located near the Home, Forward, and Back buttons in your web browser (depending on which web browser you are currently using).
• For questions regarding automatic extensions of the Reverse Auction time and other Reverse Auction technical information, please refer to the Anti-Bid Sniping section on the Reverse Auction FAQ page.
• When entering a bid amount, you may ONLY enter numbers (and one decimal point if necessary).
• DO NOT ENTER A DOLLAR SIGN OR COMMA WITH YOUR BID AMOUNT.