CALDWELL PARISHSCHOOL DISTRICT
John R. Sartin Superintendent
219 Main Street
PO Box 1019
MARCH 2 2011
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Notice is hereby given that the Caldwell Parish School Board will receive sealed bids in the office of the Caldwell Parish School Board Columbia Louisiana on or before Friday April 1 2011 at 4:00PM for the purchase or lease of the following
THREE NEW 65 PASSENGER SCHOOL BUSES
Said bids are tobe based upon specifications on file in the office ofthe Caldwell Parish School Board Columbia Louisiana Bids will be opened at the Caldwell Parish School Board Meeting on Thursday Apri17 2011 at 6:30PM.
At the above time and place bids will be publicly opened and read aloud No proposal may be withdrawn within fourteen days after the above scheduled time ofopening and the right is reserved to reject any and all bids and to waive informalities.
JOHN R. SARTIN
CALDWELL PARISH SCHOOL BOARD
***BUS PURCHASE SPECIFICATIONS***
18 February 2011
Note: Unless otherwise stated, buses must meet all minimum standards in the Louisiana State Department of Education Bulletin No. 1213, Minimum Standards for School Buses in Louisiana.
MINIMUM CHASSIS SPECIFICATIONS: Three 65-passenger school buses
Wheelbase – min. 253” for 65-passenger bus
Wheels- 10 hole lug
Six Tires – 10R22.5 – 12 ply, tubeless, cross rib and grip tires on rear wheels, radial construction.
Frame – Side members shall be of single piece construction.
Front Axle – 10,000 lb. weight rating (10,000 lb. axle with 10,000 lb. springs minimum)
Rear Axle – 19,000 lb. weight rating (19,000 lb. axle with 19,000 lb. springs minimum)
Suspension – Spring front and rear, 10,000 lb. front, 19,000 lb. rear minimum.
Brakes – Hydraulic
Parking Brake – Standard for model
Front Shock Absorbers – Heavy duty
Engine – 195 HP minimum V-8 diesel or in line six cylinder,
(International or Cummins engines only).
Transmission – Allison automatic, five speed with overdrive
Fuel tank – 60-gallon capacity (minimum), mounted according to National Standard
Alternator – 175-amp capacity
Twin electric horns
Body and fenders to be treated with under coating
Extra Heavy Duty Bumpers, sufficiently strong enough to lift their proportionate weight of truck on either bumper jacks of chain hoists
Gauge Cluster - equipped with ammeter, temperature, and oil pressure gauges
1. Heater and defroster – Each bus shall be equipped with a heavy-duty hot water fresh air and recirculation type three fan heater capable of a minimum free delivery of 80,000 BTU fresh air, 60,000 BTU with defroster on both sides.
2. Rear under seat heater – recirculating air, a minimum of 50,000 BTU
3. Body must meet all state and federal specifications.
4. Extra Heavy Bumpers – see chassis specifications
5. Mirrors – Inside (curved type with vision of seeing all passengers by driver)
6. Electric Windshield wiper and washers
7. First Aid kit – The bus will carry a dust proof First-Aid kit mounted in an accessible place and in full view
8. Provide three (3) flares – reflector type. (Must) meet Federal motor vehicle safety Standard)
9. Mud flaps on front and rear of body
10. Fire Extinguishers mounted in drivers area
11. Body must be equipped as per State’s latest specifications, painted, mounted, and lettered with the appropriate bus number (submitted by buyer upon award of contract)
12. Body shall be equipped with double sash windows (2 piece construction)
13. White strobe light mounted on last panel highest point at rear of body
14. Driver seat shall be adjustable and have left arm rest
15. Roof shall be white in color.
16. Stop Arms shall be strobe equipped
17. Loading door – Manual operation only.