NOTICE OF INVITATION TO BID - ROAD EQUIPMENT
The Harrison County Board of Supervisors will receive Electronic Reverse Auction Bids for the following:
TWO (2) NEW GRAPPLE STYLE TRASH TRUCKS
- Qualification Specifications will be accepted until 10:30 A.M. CDT on Wednesday, November 3, 2021.
Bid Specifications and Procedures may be obtained at NO CHARGE by contacting the Harrison County Purchasing Department at 228-865-4028, located in the First Judicial District Courthouse at 1801 23rd Ave., Gulfport, Mississippi 39501 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Bid Specifications and Procedures may also be obtained at www.centralbidding.com . For any questions relating to obtaining the Bid Specifications and Procedures from Central Bidding, electronic submittals and/or bidding process, please call Central Bidding at 225-810-4814.
All Sealed Qualification Specifications must be on file with the Clerk of the Board prior to or by the acceptance date and time as stated above. All Sealed Qualification Specifications must be clearly marked on the outside of the envelope as indicated “ROAD EQUIPMENT: TWO (2) NEW GRAPPLE STYLE TRASH TRUCKS TO BE OPENED WEDNESDAY, November 3, 2021”. Sealed Qualification Specifications envelopes not so marked are submitted at the risk of the prospective Bidder and the County assumes no responsibility for the premature opening of same by any County employee. All Sealed Qualification Specifications sent through the U.S. Mail are done so at the risk of the Prospective bidder and should be addressed to the Harrison County Board of Supervisors, in care of the Chancery Clerks Office, Post Office Drawer CC, Gulfport, Mississippi, 39502. The County is NOT responsible for Qualification Specifications that arrive in the mail after the designated opening time. Qualification Specifications may be delivered in person to the Harrison County Chancery Clerk’s Office in the First Judicial District Courthouse located at 1801 23rd Ave, Gulfport, Mississippi until 5:00 p.m., on Tuesday, November 2, 2021 or the Board of Supervisor’s conference room at the First Judicial District Courthouse in Gulfport, Mississippi on Wednesday, November 3, 2021 by the accepting time as listed above.
All Electronic Qualification Specifications may be submitted electronically at www.centralbidding.com no later than Wednesday, November 3, 2021 BEFORE the accepting time as listed above. For any questions relating to the electronic submittals and/or bidding process, please call Central Bidding at 225-810-4814.
Submissions will be evaluated and vendors submitting acceptable Qualification Specifications will be invited to participate in the Electronic Reverse Auction. The Harrison County Board of Supervisors reserves the right to extend the auction date if necessary to complete the pre-qualification process.
Road Equipment: TWO (2) NEW GRAPPLE STYLE TRUCKS – Live Reverse Auction Bid Date & Time
- Bidding will be held by Electronic Reverse Auction on Thursday, November 18, 2021 at www.centralbidding.com
- Auction Time - 9:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. - This bid will be set for “unlimited” five (5) minute anti-snipes.
Vendor Registration and Bid Submittal: Vendor registration and bid submittal is available at no cost through Central Bidding. Charges only apply to the downloading of bid documents for non-members of Central Bidding. NOTE: Bid documents are available at NO CHARGE by contacting the Harrison County Purchasing Department at 228-865-4028. For any questions relating to the registration or electronic bidding process, please call Central Bidding at 225-810-4814. If the agency is closed for any reason, including but not limited to: acts of God, strikes, lockouts, riots, acts of war, epidemics, governmental regulations superimposed after the fact, fire, earthquakes, floods, or other natural disasters (the “Force Majeure Events”), which closure prevents the acceptance, opening of Sealed or Electronic bids, or the live Reverse Auction at the advertised date and time, all bids shall be publicly opened and read aloud on the next business day that the agency shall be open and at the previously advertised time. All reverse auctions shall begin on the next business day that the agency shall be open and at the previously advertised time. The agency shall not be held responsible for the receipt of any bids for which the delivery was attempted and failed due to the closure of the agency as a result of a Force Majeure Event. Each Vendor/Contractor shall be required to ensure the delivery and receipt of its Sealed and/or Electronic bid by the agency prior to the new date and time of the bid opening.
The Owner expressly reserves the right to accept or reject any or all qualification bid specifications or bids or any part of any or all bids based on a lowest and best bid determination. If the bid documents request separate bids on phases or items of a project, the Owner reserves the right to accept or reject any or all qualification bid specifications or bids or any part of any or all bid specifications or bids based on qualifications and/or lowest and best bid determination on each phase or item for which a separate bid is requested. The Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive informalities.
Bids may be held by the Owner for a period not to exceed sixty (60) days from the date of submittal for the purpose of reviewing the bids and investigating the qualifications of Bidders, prior to awarding of the Contract.
By Order of the Board of Supervisors, this the 11th day of October, 2021.
Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
Harrison County, Mississippi
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
|REVERSE AUCTION BIDDING:
• The real-time bidding interface will appear below at the start date and time set by the owner. If you are viewing this page before the set start time of the reverse auction, you may need to refresh the page in your web browser in order to see the real-time bidding interface below.
• The Central Bidding time listed for this Reverse Auction is the official time for the placement of bids. All bidders acknowledge that this Reverse Auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware, software, internal and external network speeds, as well as other variables that are outside of the control of Central Bidding. Central Bidding does not suggest waiting until the final seconds to place your Reverse Auction Bid. Vendors are solely responsible for the placement of timely bids.
• If you are viewing a Multi-Line Item Reverse Auction and you do not see the next item for bid once the time for that item expires, you may need to refresh/reload your page. You can do so by clicking the "Refresh" or "Reload" button which is normally located near the Home, Forward, and Back buttons in your web browser (depending on which web browser you are currently using).
• For questions regarding automatic extensions of the Reverse Auction time and other Reverse Auction technical information, please refer to the Anti-Bid Sniping section on the Reverse Auction FAQ page.
• When entering a bid amount, you may ONLY enter numbers (and one decimal point if necessary).
• DO NOT ENTER A DOLLAR SIGN OR COMMA WITH YOUR BID AMOUNT.