NOTICE OF INVITATION TO BID
Notice is hereby given that sealed or electronic bid proposals will be received by the Board of Supervisors of Wilkinson County, Mississippi for the purpose of purchasing one new Dump Truck for use by the Second District and one new Crew Truck for use by the Fifth District.
Bid proposals (no prices) will be accepted until 10:00 am. Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Bid specifications and procedures may be obtained by contacting the Wilkinson County Purchase Clerk, 525 Main Street, Woodville, Mississippi on Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Bid proposals may be submitted by sealed envelope at the Wilkinson County Chancery Clerk's Office, 525 Main St, Woodville, Mississippi, or by electronic submission at www.centralbidding.com.
All sealed bid proposals must be on file with the Wilkinson County Chancery Clerk prior to or by the acceptance date and time as stated above. Said bid proposals must be sealed and clearly marked on the outside of the envelope as indicated: ONE 14 yard Dump Truck/BID PROPOSAL DATE: Tuesday, December 18, 2018. Or ONE 6 passenger Crew Truck/BID PROPOSAL DATE: Tuesday, December 18, 2018.Submissions not so marked are submitted at the risk of the prospective bidder and the County assumes no responsibility for the premature opening of same by any County employee. Bid proposals sent through the U.S. Mail or delivered in person are done so at the risk of the prospective bidder and should be addressed and/or delivered to the Wilkson County Board of Supervisors, in care of the Wilkinson
County Chancery Clerk, 525 Main St, Woodville, Mississippi 39669. The County is not responsible for submissions that are delivered in person or arrive in the mail after the designated opening time.
All electronic bid specifications and procedures may be obtained electronically at www.centralbidding.com for questions relating to electronic downloads, please call Central Bidding at 225-810-4814.
Bid proposals will be evaluated and vendors submitting acceptable proposals will be invited by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 21, 2018 to submit priced bids. Final bidding will be held by electronic reverse auction on Monday, January 7, 2019 at www.centralbidding.com beginning at 10:00 AM central time and ending at 11:00 AM central time (unless extended by anti-sniping).
Electronic bids and/or reverse auctions bids may be submitted at www.centralbidding.com. For any questions related to the electronic bidding process, please call Central Bidding at 225-810-4814. Bids may also be submitted in the regular meeting room of the Wilkinson County Board of Supervisors, 525 Main Street, Wilkinson, Mississippi 39669, on Monday, January 7, 2019, beginning at 10:00 AM central time and ending at 11:00 AM central time (unless extended by anti-sniping) and will be included in the "live" reverse auction. However, anyone wishing to submit bids in that manner will need to register with Central Bidding prior to said date. After careful consideration, the Wilkinson County Board of Supervisors will officially award the bid at either the scheduled Board meeting on January 7, 2019 or the next scheduled Board meeting on Monday, January 28, 2019, or as soon thereafter as reasonably possible.
If the agency is closed for any unforeseen reason which prevents the acceptance and/or opening of sealed or electronic bids, or prevents the live reverse
auction at the advertised date and time, all bids shall be publicly opened and read aloud on the next business day that the agency shall be open and at the previously advertised time. All reverse auctions shall begin on the next business day that the agency shall be open and at the previously advertised time. The agency shall not be held responsible for the receipt of any bids for which the delivery was attempted and failed due to the unforeseen closure of the agency. Each vendor/contractor shall be required to ensure the delivery and receipt of its sealed and/or electronic bid by the agency prior to the new date and time of the bid opening.
The Board expressly reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids, or any part of any or all bids based on a lowest and best bid determination in the best interest of the County. The Board of Supervisors may consider the following factors in determining the award: date of delivery, service, previous performance and experience of bidder, buy back options, transportation cost, cost of operating, quality, maintenance and warranty. The Board reserves the right to waive informalities.
Please take notice pursuant to Section 19-13-17, Mississippi Code of 1972, Amended that the Board of Supervisors intends to pay for such equipment in installments or cash. Payment will be made after first Monday of month following delivery, provided delivery is made on or before 25th of such month.
The County reserves the right to utilize "anti-sniping" for reverse auctions. Anti-sniping is a tool that automatically extends the bid time for reverse auctions by five (5) minutes if a vendor places a bid in the final five (5) minutes of the reverse auction. The anti-sniping effect will automatically extend the reverse auction bid time any time a bid is placed in the last five (5) minutes of the reverse auction and can auto extend the reverse auction multiple times until the bidding on the reverse
auction ends. SO RESOLVED, on this the 26th day of November, 2018.
WILKINSON COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Kenyon Jackson, PRESIDENT
David N. Wilkerson, CLERK
Publish: December 6, 13, 2018
|REVERSE AUCTION BIDDING:
• The real-time bidding interface will appear below at the start date and time set by the owner. If you are viewing this page before the set start time of the reverse auction, you may need to refresh the page in your web browser in order to see the real-time bidding interface below.
• The Central Bidding time listed for this Reverse Auction is the official time for the placement of bids. All bidders acknowledge that this Reverse Auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware, software, internal and external network speeds, as well as other variables that are outside of the control of Central Bidding. Central Bidding does not suggest waiting until the final seconds to place your Reverse Auction Bid. Vendors are solely responsible for the placement of timely bids.
• If you are viewing a Multi-Line Item Reverse Auction and you do not see the next item for bid once the time for that item expires, you may need to refresh/reload your page. You can do so by clicking the "Refresh" or "Reload" button which is normally located near the Home, Forward, and Back buttons in your web browser (depending on which web browser you are currently using).
• For questions regarding automatic extensions of the Reverse Auction time and other Reverse Auction technical information, please refer to the Anti-Bid Sniping section on the Reverse Auction FAQ page.
• When entering a bid amount, you may ONLY enter numbers (and one decimal point if necessary).
• DO NOT ENTER A DOLLAR SIGN OR COMMA WITH YOUR BID AMOUNT.