November 7, 2022
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Notice is hereby given that the City of Vicksburg, Mississippi will receive sealed bids in the following manner for:
Water Treatment Chemicals (Pebble lime)
Technical Bid Proposals will be accepted until 9:00 am on Wednesday, November 30, 2022, in sealed envelopes at the City Clerk’s Office located at 1401 Walnut Street, Suite 200 Vicksburg, Mississippi 39180 or by electronic submission. Bidders are cautioned that the City Clerk’s Office does not receive the daily U.S. Mail on or before 9:00 am. Bids will be time-stamped upon receipt according to the City Clerk’s time clock. Submissions will be evaluated and vendors submitting acceptable offers will be invited to submit priced bids during the Notification of Invitation to Bid (based upon acceptance of Proposals) on Monday, December 5, 2022.
Bidding will be held by electronic reverse auction at 9:00 am on Thursday, December 8, 2022. The electronic reverse auction will last thirty (30) minutes and is scheduled to end at 9:30 am on December 8, 2022. Electronic reverse auction bids can be submitted at www.centralbidding.com. Please contact Central Bidding at 225-810-4814 if you have any questions relating to the electronic bidding process. The bids will be publicly opened and read aloud by the Mayor and Aldermen of the City of Vicksburg in an Adjourn Board Meeting on Friday, December 9, 2022, at 10:00 am.
The Specifications and instructions for bidding are on file in the City Clerk’s Office located at 1401 Walnut Street, Suite 200 Vicksburg, Mississippi 39180 and can also be downloaded at www.centralbidding.com. All bids must comply with the specifications provided. Cash, Cashier’s Check, Certified Check or Bidder’s Bond in the amount of 5% of the bid must accompany same. (No Business or Personal Checks).
The City of Vicksburg reserves the right to amend the specifications and contract documents as necessary prior to bid and agrees to notify all having requested bid packets. Contracts for purchase will be made from the lowest and/or best bids submitted. The Mayor and Aldermen of the City of Vicksburg reserve the right to reject any and all bids and to waive informalities.
If necessary to ensure procurement of this equipment prior to the end of the fiscal year budget period, the City of Vicksburg reserves the right to accept no more than two (2) alternate bids. However, no purchases will be made through alternate bidders unless the lowest and best bidder, for reasons beyond his control, cannot deliver the commodities contained in his bid within the time required. In that event, purchase of such commodities may be made from one of the bidders whose bid was accepted as an alternate.
/s/Tasha W. Jordan
Tasha W. Jordan, Deputy City Clerk
Wednesday, November 9, 2022
Wednesday, November 16, 2022
|REVERSE AUCTION BIDDING:
• The real-time bidding interface will appear below at the start date and time set by the owner. If you are viewing this page before the set start time of the reverse auction, you may need to refresh the page in your web browser in order to see the real-time bidding interface below.
• The Central Bidding time listed for this Reverse Auction is the official time for the placement of bids. All bidders acknowledge that this Reverse Auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware, software, internal and external network speeds, as well as other variables that are outside of the control of Central Bidding. Central Bidding does not suggest waiting until the final seconds to place your Reverse Auction Bid. Vendors are solely responsible for the placement of timely bids.
• If you are viewing a Multi-Line Item Reverse Auction and you do not see the next item for bid once the time for that item expires, you may need to refresh/reload your page. You can do so by clicking the "Refresh" or "Reload" button which is normally located near the Home, Forward, and Back buttons in your web browser (depending on which web browser you are currently using).
• For questions regarding automatic extensions of the Reverse Auction time and other Reverse Auction technical information, please refer to the Anti-Bid Sniping section on the Reverse Auction FAQ page.
• When entering a bid amount, you may ONLY enter numbers (and one decimal point if necessary).
• DO NOT ENTER A DOLLAR SIGN OR COMMA WITH YOUR BID AMOUNT.