Notice is hereby given that the City of Hollandale, Mississippi, will receive sealed bids for (1)
Knuckleboom Loader & Trash Body for the City of Hollandale Public Works Department.
Un-priced bid proposals will be accepted until 10:00 a.m. local time on December 2, 2019,
In sealed envelopes at the Office of the City Clerk of the City of Hollandale, at 200 East Avenue South,
J. W. Fore Municipal Building, Hollandale, MS or at P. O. Box 395, Hollandale, MS 38748, or by
electronic submission. Submissions will be evaluated and vendors submitting acceptable offers
will be invited to submit priced bids. Electronic bids and/or reverse auction bids can be submitted at
www.centralbidding.com. For any questions relating to the electronic bidding process, please call
Central Bidding at 225-810-4814.
Bidding will be held by ELECTRONIC REVERSE AUCTION on December 9, 2019, commencing at
10:00 a.m. and ending at 11:00 a.m. local time. Bidders may come to the Office of the City Clerk
of the City of Hollandale, Mississippi, with a paper bid and receive technical assistance in entering
their bid in the reverse auction.
The City of Hollandale reserves the right to utilize “anti-sniping” for reverse auctions. Anti-sniping
is a tool that automatically extends the bid time for a reverse auction by five (5) minutes if a vendor
places a bid in the final five (5) minutes of the reverse auction. The anti-sniping effect will also auto
extend the reverse auction bid time any time a bid is placed in the last five (5) minutes of the reverse
auction and can auto extend the reverse auction multiple times until the bidding on the reverse
Specifications are available by contacting the City Clerk at 662-827-2241 in order to obtain the
bid documents between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local time. Electronic copies of the
bid specifications are available by contacting email@example.com. or from Central Bidding
at www.centralbidding.com for a fee. All bids must comply with the specifications provided. The
City of Hollandale, Mississippi reserves the right to amend the specifications as necessary and agrees
to notify all parties having requested bid packets. The City of Hollandale, Mississippi reserves the
right to extend the auction date if necessary, to complete the bid proposal pre-qualification process.
Questions – All questions regarding this bid should be directed to Helen M. Johnson, City Clerk, in
writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile (662) 827-5596, not less than seven
(7) days prior to the bid due date. All questions must be submitted in writing; telephonic inquiries
will not be considered.
The City is NOT responsible for bids which are mailed to the wrong address or which arrive in the
mail after the designated bid opening time.
The contract will be awarded to the lowest and best bidder. However, the City reserves the right to
accept or reject any or all bids or to waive any informality.
No bidder may withdraw his bid within 60 days after the actual date of the opening thereof.
Witness my signature on this the 6th day if November, 2019.
Helen M. Johnson
City Clerk-City of Hollandale
|REVERSE AUCTION BIDDING:
• The real-time bidding interface will appear below at the start date and time set by the owner. If you are viewing this page before the set start time of the reverse auction, you may need to refresh the page in your web browser in order to see the real-time bidding interface below.
• The Central Bidding time listed for this Reverse Auction is the official time for the placement of bids. All bidders acknowledge that this Reverse Auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware, software, internal and external network speeds, as well as other variables that are outside of the control of Central Bidding. Central Bidding does not suggest waiting until the final seconds to place your Reverse Auction Bid. Vendors are solely responsible for the placement of timely bids.
• If you are viewing a Multi-Line Item Reverse Auction and you do not see the next item for bid once the time for that item expires, you may need to refresh/reload your page. You can do so by clicking the "Refresh" or "Reload" button which is normally located near the Home, Forward, and Back buttons in your web browser (depending on which web browser you are currently using).
• For questions regarding automatic extensions of the Reverse Auction time and other Reverse Auction technical information, please refer to the Anti-Bid Sniping section on the Reverse Auction FAQ page.
• When entering a bid amount, you may ONLY enter numbers (and one decimal point if necessary).
• DO NOT ENTER A DOLLAR SIGN OR COMMA WITH YOUR BID AMOUNT.