JONES COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT REQUEST FOR SEALED BID
Literacy/Math Assessment Program with Diagnostic, Intervention, and Supplemental Resources
Jones County School District (JCSD) is located in Jones County MS. 11 campuses - 6 elementary, 3 middle/high schools, 1 career and technical center, and 1 alternative school with 1 Central Office for the district. The district has approximately 8400 students. The overall accountability rating for the school district is a “B”.
1. Goal and Purpose of RFP: The district is requesting proposals/quotes for a literacy/math diagnostic, intervention, and supplemental program that can be used as a screener and diagnostic assessment program. The product should also include learning paths for students with teacher resources. This program should be aligned/correlated to the Mississippi College and Career Readiness Standards. [Strategic Plan Goal II: Improve Student Achievement through a Rigorous and Relevant Curriculum; Objective A: Implementation of MS College and Career State Standards and High Stakes Assessments]
2. Proposal Requirements and Project Scope for:
North Jones Elementary, East Jones Elementary, South Jones Elementary, West Jones Elementary, Glade Elementary, and Moselle Elementary, Northeast Jones High School, South Jones High School, West Jones High School
3. Service Specifications and Provisions:
The program must adhere to, align with, and provide the following:
* assesses as a screening instrument for Prek-8th grades for Reading and Math
* assesses in a computer adaptive platform
* provides diagnostic measures
* provides reports such as diagnostic, screening, and growth
* provides supplemental software enhancements to drive student instruction
* provides lesson plans/paths for individual students and student groups
* provides literature and informational texts online with correlating assessments
* provides mathematics lessons and assignments to progress at individual student’s pace
* provides professional development as needed virtual, on-demand, or in-person
* must have capability to link and sync with ClassLink and OneRoster
4. Pricing/quotes/specifications: The district is requesting quotes for a one-year contract for 9 of our 11 campuses specific to the enrollment and grade levels for the following:
East Jones Elementary
1st-6th grades 650
North Jones Elementary
1st-6th grades 820
South Jones Elementary
1st-6th grades 880
West Jones Elementary
1st-6th grades 825
1st-6th grades 470
1st-6th grades 350
Northeast Jones Middle School
7th-8th grades 330
South Jones Middle School
7th-8th grades 445
West Jones Middle School
7th-8th grades 500
5. Schedule of RFP events are as follows: a. RFP Released 05/26/2023 b. Sealed Bids/Proposal Due Date: 06/16/2023 c. Opening of the sealed bids will be on 06/19/2023 at 9 am at the Jones County School District Central Office
These services shall be provided to the Jones County School District during the 2023 – 2024 school year. Upon satisfactory evaluation of the provided services, services may be extended to include services during the 2024-2025 school term.
6. RFP Submission requirements: Interested providers of these software curriculum services should submit their sealed bids to the school district address listed below (Section 12). Bids must be received in a sealed envelope by 06/16/2023 by 1:00 P.M. (CST) and marked “Bid 0616232 - Literacy/Math Assessment Program with Diagnostic, Intervention, and Supplemental Resources”. Bids will also be received electronically through www.centralauctionhouse.com
All questions, comments and requests for clarifications must be in writing to Missy Bufkin. The School District reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine appropriate and adequate responses to the written comments, questions and requests for clarification.
7. Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Contract Award
Applicants must comply with all applicable licensing and certification requirements specific to the proposed services, be registered through the site of sam.gov., and agree to the terms/agreement and any addendum set forth by the school district’s school board attorney.
8. Acceptance of Proposals
The JCSD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to waive proposal irregularities, which does not affect the price of the proposal, give one party an advantage or benefit over other parties, or adversely impact the interest of JCSD. In order for a proposal to be accepted, a vendor must comply with the following:
*address service specifications in the exact order stated in the Service Specifications section (These will be reviewed with a rubric and rated by the district leadership team to determine the awarding vendor.)
*a cost amount must be submitted by the vendor in a firm fixed price
*the proposal must be signed
9. Rejection of Proposals
The JCSD reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, to negotiate with the best-proposed offering vendor, to award a contract to other than the low offering vendor, or not to make award if it is determined to be in the best interest of the JCSD.
10. Disposition of Proposals All submitted proposals become the property of the JCSD and will not be returned to the offering vendor.
11. Special Terms/Conditions
Subject to Appropriation
Funds for the bid/project are subject to federal/state appropriations and ability of the district’s Federal Program’s Application to accommodate this expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The JCSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and therefore prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, physical handicap, disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. The vendor/contractor shall be an equal opportunity employer and shall neither discriminate nor permit discrimination in its operations or employment practices against any person or group of persons on the ground of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or sex in any manner prohibited by law.
Termination for Convenience
In the event the vendor is unable to provide the contracted services and mutually acceptable alternatives cannot be arranged, the contract can be terminated with written notification by either party. The JCSD shall give written notice of the termination to the vendor specifying the part of the contract terminated and when termination becomes effective. The Vendor shall incur no further obligations in connection with the terminated work and on the date set in the notice of termination the vendor will stop work to the extent specified. The vendor must still complete the work not terminated by the notice of termination and incur obligations as are necessary to do so.
12. Contact Information
A paper copy or an email copy of this document, including any addendums, may be obtained by request:
Dr. Missy Bufkin, Director of Federal Programs
Jones County School District
5204 Hwy 11 North
Ellisville, MS 39437 (601)649-5201
E-Mail: [email protected]
Thank you for your time and consideration of this proposal.